Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: who saw Janet jackson lose her top

carbonmarine
    TOLD YA !
    Rick32

v-drive
    Originally posted by BigBoyToys
    Uh....It wasn't a stunt. It wasn't supposed to happen that way. Here's the story;
    CBS Apologizes for Jackson's Exposure
    NEW YORK - CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake (news) tore off part of Janet Jackson (news)'s top, exposing her breast. "CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.
    The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.
    The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.
    Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.
    "I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."
    Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."
    The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.
    "We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.
    "It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."
    MTV issued a contrite statement, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional." Yeah right and the world is flat v-drive

BigBoyToys
    It doesn't matter to me one way or the other if it was "planned" or not. In a World where morals are rapidly declining we don't need that kind of crap on TV. I wonder how many children were watching the skit

Wet Dream
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    See Buddy, That's the problem. It wasn't a big deal for me personally, but I'm not thiking about me. I thinking outside the box if you will.(to use a very tired cliche) I'm thinking about my 4 year olds, i'm thinking about, well, read my post above!
    And yes MMD, the whole enchilada including the lyrics was highly innapropriate!:frown:
    Perhaps you should read your previous posts. For someone who claims that "It wasn't a big deal for me" sure is blowing the whistle all over these boards about how inappropriate you think it was. "I'm not thinking about me"...thats half the problem of this pansy ass world, we have too many people thinking for others. People have opinions, let them state them on their own, I sure as hell don't support your opinion and I don't need you telling me what is right and wrong. As for the 4 years old kids, you really don't think they give a shit about the game or half time do you? They don't have the attention span to care. Unless of course mommy and daddy hover over the children and plan their day out. "Ok little Bobby and Suzie, come and watch this halftime show. Yeah, you're right Bobby, Janet Jackson is a washed up entertainer and Justin Timberlake was a member of a gay boy band craze, but please sit down and watch this". As for the boob shot, 4 year olds don't have a clue about the difference between an tit and an elbow. All they know is that it was for feeding, IF they even remember that. Personally, I thought it was quite funny, had a major shock factor built in and left my wife and I questioning if that was a real shot or not. The shot was so fast that you couldn't really tell if there was a pasty or not. That may have lead to the hasty calling of older people or stupid people that jumped the gun and called the network before seeing that what was there is perfectly legal and acceptable in network broadcast.

AZKC
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    Hell' even Kid Rock behaved himself. And don't tell me that it was no big deal!
    I wasn't to happy with Kid cutting a hole in an American Flag for a poncho. The boob thing is no big deal to me of course, I'm a raging liberal

JetBoatRich
    Reading through all these responses, normally no big deal. But halftime at the Superbowl does seem like the wrong place for this.

mmered8299
    I don't know what was the biggest surprise to me? The Game or seeing JJ Bobbie on National TV!

Caribbean Jet
    This was just a stunt to take a little attention from her bro. It was staged!

spectratoad
    Seeing a bood doesn't bother me too much. Should it have been done for the SuperBowl, NO. Should whoever thought this up and all involved be fined, YES.
    My comments during the whole halftime were show were, "Who is it that decides what the halftime show is going to be?" I can't see the most likely SuperBowl attendee of watcher to want to listne to a totally rap halftime show.
    Whoever that person is should be fired also.

MagicMtnDan
    The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS’ corporate cousin in Viacom.
    “We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show,” Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. “They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.
    “It’s unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime.”
    MTV issued a contrite statement in which it also apologized, saying the incident was “unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance.”
    Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson’s breast.
    “I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl,” Timberlake said in a statement. “It was not intentional and is regrettable.”

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast