Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What size and pitch prop are you running?

Fiat48
    So I should hold off converting to a pump?

Just a bigger fuel pump brother.
    All jabbing aside. I hate to admit it but, my new boat is going to have a hard time beating my buddy Paul's Daytona jet.
    & also btw I've seen him change impellers at the lake in 15mn.

Fiat48
    Actually I have always thought of a jet as a perfect floating dyno. You just beat the Hell out of the motor till you see an rpm increase and you know you have found more horsepower. You can't do that as accurately with a flat cause driver and how free the boat is the variable.
    I wouldn't dare say that on the jet thread.

BGMAN203
    I had a jet guy try to tell me that his little joy stick thingie (dirverter) was the same as cavatation plates on a flat. I just starting laughing. Then I told him to get in a flatbottom and use the plates like he uses his dirverter and call me from the hospital.

Fiat48
    Originally posted by BGMAN203
    I had a jet guy try to tell me that his little joy stick thingie (dirverter) was the same as cavatation plates on a flat. I just starting laughing. Then I told him to get in a flatbottom and use the plates like he uses his dirverter and call me from the hospital.
    ROFLMAO!

Pauls boat runs real good!

Hud,
    Yes I heard you got to check that out:wink:
    Paul has let me run his deal a few times. It is the smoothest fast you could feal. Your back would like it.

CircleJerk
    Jeff, we still need to know what gear is in it and what rpm the motor is happy at! Ror just gave me a 11 1/2 X 17 that could be cut down. If I were in your shoes, I might just remember the Nostalgic TV show called, 'Father Knows Best'! He will be your crew chief, won't he? You can call Bill also for his combo in the #65 Tinkertoy boat. And of course, carefully follow the expert advice found here, right Popcorn Mike? {I like my avatar you gave me}

RaysonKid
    Geez,
    I say the heck with Dad (jokingly) and I get jumped on.
    I was just wondering if indeed props have progressed. And what some of the other guys are running. I plan on running different props and seeing what feels best. Ricks, prop off his boat worked well when we stole this boat from Dad a couple of summers ago.
    Dad doesnt know what gear is in the v-drive. Guess I will have to tear into it to look for markings.
    And the big Ford cant turn that many R's can it???

So what are some of the sizes and pitches guys are running. And most of the time I respect my elders...
    Jerk...

CircleJerk
    I'm not jumping on you JP. I have some props to trade to your Dad and we both want you to get the right one! Do you plan on racing that relic? I mean vintage Nosty!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast