Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How old is your boat?

Jbb
    Hull was built in 96 destined to be a small block /alpha drive boat ....Litigation for 2 years......I bought it in 98.... rigged and hit the water in August 98 as a jet...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...60DSCF0007.JPG

mirvin
    Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
    Hull was built in 96 destined to be a small block /alpha drive boat ....Litigation for 2 years......I bought it in 98.... rigged and hit the water in August 98 as a jet...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...60DSCF0007.JPG
    Hey JBB, what kind of hull is that? And was the "litigation" over the Pink & Teal?
    Mirvin

Keithb87
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ger1-thumb.jpg
    Not the best pic, and definatly not done yet
    1973 Avenger 18' 502 BBC with Berkely Pump.
    Should hit the water some time in the next year.
    (I hope)

Jbb
    Edge Phantom 21 ....
    It was built for a Performance boat shop here in Atlanta ....The owner of that shop had Proboat ...also here in Atlanta do alot of their engine and rigging work. Shop A went Bankrupt Owing Proboat a lot of money Part of the settlement for the debt owed was that boat .....The rest is history ......And for the Pink and Teal.....I love those colors.....Miami Vice all over again!
    Here is a picture of how I found the boat.....Note the drive!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...95706A-med.jpg

Doug H.
    I guess it's time, this was our 2nd or 3rd time out in this boat at Buena Vista, my wife and son were with me when we had just launched the boat and on our way down the lake to find the rest of the Posse members, well i found them from a short distance and as was came in to the shoreline to turn the back of the boat by goosing it, it did not turn, we are in 2ft of water at this point and since it did not turn i went up and over my friend Jeff's 18' kona, while we are in mid air the boat flipped ejecting my wife and son and pinned me underneath while flipped over. I thought to myself this is a horrible way to die as i gasped for air and only got water, my leg was pinned under the passenger side gunnell and HallettDave freed me up by lifting, not knowing i was even on that side of the boat (we figured that one out days later) i found a air pocket and sat there for sec. as i got my bearings straight i saw the daylight in front of me from the openbow and scooted along the sandy bottom toward the front when the damn ski locker hit me in the forehead (floating) i laughed at my self trying to figure out what the hell was this thing doing in my way while im trying to save my life (that part is funny now) I made it to the front and heard my wife saying "where is Doug!! where is Doug!!" at this point there must have been enough guys to lift the boat over cause as i scooted out and i helped them finish pushing the boat over and they were still looking for me, I said "im right here and ok" they were probably perplexed as to find out i was in a line of people helping push the boat over. All in all we were pretty lucky and thankfull to the friends and people who helped out and a special thanks to Jeff for having a low profile boat.
    I bought Jeff a new boat (to him) and fixed my bottom and we've been out with the Posse several times since then. Not a day goes by that i want to be out on the water just like you guys but im still scared of speed out on the water, so it's a good thing my boat is slow (50-52mph) my wife and son were ok from the incident but really shook up. We are fine now and look forward to this season.
    I really want to thank my Posse friends that were there and those that weren't because all of you and your families are special to me and makes the healing process much easier.
    We are fine and this is the first time i've sat down and really pondered about it or even write about it.
    Well that's the story and thanks for your concerns.......Big Doug

summerlove
    you're one lucky dude, as is your wife and kid. Glad no one was seriously injured, except that macho ego we all have about driving our boats way to fast at times.....I've gotten away with a few things I have looked back on and said, "now, that wasn't the brightest thing you've ever done" Fortunately, no incidents to report like the one above.

coolchange
    <----------Mine is 39 years old but doesnt look a day over 35.
    Damn Doug, Talk about a hijack! I guess when its time, its time.

mirvin
    Wow Doug, that right there is pretty crazy. Glad everyone was ok and that you and you're family were able to go back out That kinda thing would probly have spelled the end of my boating days.
    Mirvin

Doug H.
    Summerlove, I hear ya on the macho thing i've never been one to be to macho but let's face it we are men, ive really slowed down (litterally) to see life a little longer in the view finder so to speak, i take full responsibility of the incident.
    We think of a couple of errors besides the driver
    1. i left the rooster tail up (no turning then).
    2. my rudder found a line in the sand preventing me to turn.
    nonetheless it happed and am very careful now. I don't even drink, so i guess this is a good thing because the cop wasn't buying the story about "no alcohol" involvement. After he calmed down he was cool and didn't even write me up a ticket by law he is suppose to when involved in a boating incident.
    Mirvin, is your boat for sale in your avatar ? if so then i think i saw it in the boat trader.

mirvin
    Doug, no i's not for sale but there's always at least one Crusader in there. I saw a blue one the other day. I just bought this one last summer so there might be an old ad floating around in cyberspace.
    That's cool how the cop didn't write you up Makes a tough situation a littel easier.
    Mirvin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast