Thread: What's the best cleaner

bigriverdog
    I just bought a boat and it has been in a nasty lake for a couple of months. It has very hard water stains on the cav plates and hull. I have tried Ducky, Simple Green, and others with only moderate help. Anybody out there have a secret product or solution. It has to be safe for anodized plates, chrome and fiberglass. Any help would be great. I don't normally deal with this because my boats never stay in the water more than a few days.

American Eagle73
    What about a good Citrus based engine cleaner?>
    Ty,

Mike67rs
    Straight vinegar or "Gel Gloss" spray. I believe Home Depot now arries the Gel Gloss...Good Luck, Mike

Mohavekid
    Try some CLR.
    It's made for cleaning calcium deposits and such in faucets and showers. Should cut the gunk without damaging the finish.

bigriverdog
    thanks guys, I wanted to use CLR but was afraid it would hurt the anodized finish. Have you ever tried it?

moneysucker
    Flitz polish. You can get it in many cutlery stores and on line. That is all I use on my pollished aluminum and it is also good for fiberglass. Good luck.

Mohavekid
    Never tried the CLR on anodized stuff, but I have used it on cheapo brass plated bathroom hardware with no ill effects.