Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: America On-line = crooked fuc%#@$

Low B
    Shock- The same thing happened to me, they said I requested the new account off of one of my screen names that I DELETED!!!
    After I screamed at him for a few minutes he gave me a few months credit that I could apply on my account over the next few months.
    Good luck

HighRoller
    AO-Hell is a nightmare! It will take more than one phone call to get these jackals off you for sure. I canceled my service with them a long time ago and six months later got another charge on my card. When I called them to say WTF they told me they had given me six months of free service to see if I still wanted it and since I hadn't canceled they continued my billing! I spent ten minutes with a lady telling her in no ways did I want their service, and finally had to say "Listen. I DON'T WANT YOUR SERVICE! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" She obviously didn't because she went on to tell me about how she could get me a free DSL upgrade, EVEN THOUGH I just finished telling her I lived in an area where there was no service available! I finally got them off my shit and then started receiving phone calls and the CD-Rom starter kits every month. Shockwave, if you need a good plan to get rid of them PM me. I know a website that has a step-by-step process that works real well.

HOSS
    Come on fellas. AOL has got to be great. The Tuttles endorse them. Ah the farm work,,,,,,,,,uh fab work of OCC. Fan ****in` tastic.

AdrenelineOD
    I have cable 35 month. Everything comes in 2 seconds or less. never had a computor before and asked my brother, whats the best? and there you go no problems

Keithb87
    I have Quest DSL at work and Cox cable internet at home. They still make us use AOL at work but we are on a much cheeper plan since we have our own ISP now.

mirvin
    Uh, I work for AOL, sorta, and you know what? THEY SUCK BALLS!!
    Hands down the best is Road Runner High Speed Online. It's cable modem. THe only problem is that it's $50 a month. Super fast though.
    Mirvin

Scream
    Go to Yahoo and check out the dsl pricing, it's cheap compared to AOL. $30.00/month and no hastles. Digital cable is an option as well. If you really dispute the 3 months of false charges, call your credit card company, dispute the billing, ask for a refund and they'll apply pressure. Document everything and when they screw your credit up, you can back up your claim and take them to the wall.

Just Tool'n
    I have cable modem, I use it 99.99999% of the time. But I do still maintain an AOL account, I have it down to 3 hours for $4.95 a month, I use it strickly for E-mail puposes.
    The advantage to this is when you are traveling, you can get into anyones computer & retreive your E-mail, or if you have a laptop of your own you can get a local access number where you are at for AOL. I have the wife foward all of my new E-mail from cable account over to the AOL account. Works good.
    I know that the cable co, has remote dial in for e-mail, but they are never a local number for & sometimes difficult to use from a far off city.
    I know AOL sucks, but hell for 4.95 a month, I waste more than that at the local strip joint ever month.

Checkmate
    I know it's not the fastest, but for $9.94 a month, I am happy w/ my WalMart connect. I kept AOL for a long time because I was used to the layout, well wmconnect has the same exact format, but cheaper. They actually have a contract with AOL.
    When I cancelled my AOL they gave me 2 month free to get any emails. If you don't call them back after the 2 months, they start charging again, which they did. So I call back and they say okay, we will give you 2 months free. I said "No, cancel it NOW, I am NOT calling you back" They did. A few days later I find out the wife logged on to check her mail. Well, if you log on after you have been cancelled, it reactivates the account.
    I found an easy way to stop the sh!t, I closed my bank account, and since they only had my debit card # they were sh!t out of luck.

Banshee
    AOL completely sucks. My advice to anyone with it would be to dump them like a bad habit. And then un-install their shitty ass software from your computer.
    Get yourself cable or DSL. If you can't swing the money get a local service provider for dial-up. Use Internet Explorer and Outlook Express for your browser and email respectively. You will be so much happier.
    Just Tool'n
    You can do what you are referring to with nationwide access to your email with a yahoo or hotmail account for free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast