Thread: Leaky Trim Ram on a Bravo I

Laveyman
    I've been noticing a little puddle of fluid underneath my outdrive after it sits for a few days, weeks... I've traced it to the starboard side trim ram. It looks like the leak is at the seal where the shaft comes out of the cylinder. Is this an easy fix for a quasi-shadertree mechanic, or should I take it in and have the pros fix it?

XTRM22
    Hey James, welcome to my world. The rebuild kits are about 20 bucks a side from Bam, or most marine shops will rebuild the pair for about 100.00 if you take em off. My plan is to order the kits and convince Dennis to help on the rebuild. I keep a rag underneath it and plan to fix it someday!
    Chuck

Laveyman
    I've heard about your leaking problem, but putting a rag around it?!???
    jawdrop

1BIGJIM
    I will give you the scenario. You will be out at the lake having a good time cruising around and drinking a beer and the seal gives out. Guess what happens then? You will have a hard time motoring back to the dock when the outdrive keeps going up because nothing is there to hold it in the down position. Spend the $$$$$

mike37
    1BIGJIM:
    I will give you the scenario. You will be out at the lake having a good time cruising around and drinking a beer and the seal gives out. Guess what happens then? You will have a hard time motoring back to the dock when the outdrive keeps going up because nothing is there to hold it in the down position. Spend the $$$$$ if your going in revers
    but id stil fix it

TCHB
    I know Dennis can fix the leaks and his garage will make it easier to work in with the cooler.