Thread: Volvo-to-Mercury prop shaft

KustomKlassics
    Does anyone know of a replacement propshaft for a Volvo outdrive that lets you use mercury props?

mike37
    this may be what you need Hub kitt

KustomKlassics
    Clicked on the link and it just took me to parts express web page. I looked around there but couldn't find a "hub kit". Is that what I need? does it let you use mercury props on a Volvo outdrive?

SK48
    You might give Mike Basso at Sun Country marine in Ontario a call. For several years he ran endurance tunnell boats at the Parker Enduro with Volvo outdrives. He had a splined collar that went over the Volvo shaft so he could run Mercury props.

mike37

go to that link and typ in this part #(835270Q 1 )Flo-Torq II Hub Kit Volvo $41.00

mike37
    KustomKlassics:
    Clicked on the link and it just took me to parts express web page. I looked around there but couldn't find a "hub kit". Is that what I need? does it let you use mercury props on a Volvo outdrive? im not 100% but yes you get a new spine and bushing to replace the merc spline that will fit your volvo shaft

KustomKlassics
    thanks mike37, I found it this time. And thanks SK48 for the tip. I'll call mike tomorrow and see what he says.