Thread: Baffels in overtransome headers?

monkey rage frank
    OK with all the talk about noise reduction coming soon, I need to know. I love the way my jet sounds LOUD,MEAN, and turns heads. How can we get away with still sounding healthy without losing HP? Do you think they will inforce anywhere near the bullhead area? If you guys don't think so F----it I'll take my chances
    Monkey Rage Frank

Cas
    Frank,
    They're going to enforce it wherever the law is being broken.
    Worse part, it's not just going to affect people with headers, most stock thru transom exhaust will not pass either.
    People at Rex Marine are working on mufflers that will lower the decibal readings without any loss of power...a tall order to fill but I'm glad they're doing the necessary R&D.
    Too bad people just don't want to get involved to try to get the levels raised?

AdrenelineOD
    are u saying that If I get bassett silencers open flow kind I my still get nailed? and what do we do to get involved in fixing this law who do you want me to make disapere?

Cas
    if you have a car or truck with FlowMasters on it, it probably won't pass. You make the call
    Just do a search here on HB for noise law, set the search for the past 6 months. You will get a lot of threads regarding this.

Originally posted by Cas
    if you have a car or truck with FlowMasters on it, it probably won't pass. You make the call
    Just do a search here on HB for noise law, set the search for the past 6 months. You will get a lot of threads regarding this.
    That would only be true if they've fixed the search feature yet which I just checked and isn't working past Dec.

monkey rage frank
    I'm glad your all with me on this one. The louder the better, and we can make them dissapear or so we think most get found I hope the come up with those mufflers soon or whenever.
    Monkey rage Frank

MudPumper
    Ive been wondering the same thing. I have OT Bassetts and even with my baffles in, I don' think I can pass.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ramid5-med.JPG

MudPumper
    Bitchen

Danhercules
    I know they are strict in Bullhead area. That is why I am going to start going to Blythe and Lost lake areas. I hear there is very little LO to mess with you. I am a safe boater, and I am not tying to get away to break the law, well I guess I am, but just for the noise.