Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitrous oxide

wsuwrhr
    I will have a picture of the 20lb setup as soon as the brown truck comes my way.
    Brian

DORIGHT
    Never seen the Triple that would be cool
    I have seen the Dual 20lb I liked that one.
    I guess no one here has Rebuilt those selonoids before?
    And no info on that spraybar I was describing?

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by DORIGHT
    Never seen the Triple that would be cool
    I have seen the Dual 20lb I liked that one.
    I guess no one here has Rebuilt those selonoids before?
    And no info on that spraybar I was describing?
    Triple ey? How much room you got? I can make anything you want.....
    Brian

DORIGHT
    Plenty of room as IM only putting two seats in the hull,
    (18 Young blood tunnel) Wife and Kids wont ride in it, at least my oldest wont ride in it.
    He claims he Likes it, but when he's in the Bahner He's scared shitless. With 750 hp it only goes 75 with the pump the way it is, Need to fix that. (Like to just sell it)
    When I met My wife she claimed to love speed boat's (Ya rite)
    I got her in it and she found out what a speed boat was, Needless to say she doesn't like REAL speed boats, She thought her uncles bass boat was a speed boat.
    She thinks IM Insane, IM not Insane, I just want to have a Dragster and go out and enjoy it without being harassed by the Police, Well those wear the old days now Lake patrol is all over the place, speed limits going up and all, Noise laws, And you cant enjoy a beer any more.
    Being an American in a Communist country

Infomaniac
    I'm not going to be any help with the spray bar thing.
    Anyone else?

quiet riot
    Doright, the solonoids are really simple. If you get the rebuild kit or just open them they are pretty straight forward. I've opened mine just to look (take the big nut off) and they have always been fine in the 5 years I've used it. I've been told just to make sure the nos filter screen is in place on the inlet side of the nos sol. Use a good fuel filter before the fuel solonoid and avoid the methanal/alcohol type fuel additives on the standard fuel solonoids as that degrades the seals. Keep all petrolium based products away from the nos side of the system and use teflon on the male part of the pipe threads to keep the inside clean.
    And always relieve the pressure from the solonoids when not in use. I do this by switching the bottle valve off for the nos system, but still leave it armed and hit the gas for a second while running to drain the nos side, then disarm the system which shuts off the fuel pump in my setup.
    As far as the spray bars, I think you should be able to count the # of holes in them and then reference them to which series they are. For example, the dual bigshot from nos has a 64 hole spray bar and is rated 200-400 hp depending on jetting. The cheater has far less holes and is rated 150-250 hp depending on the jetting. The solonoids could also give a clue as to which series of spray bars are in there, but I wouldn't souly rely on that as someone could have changed them. Up to cheater series uses a set of solonoids, big shot and up uses the pro series. This is for a nos system of course.
    If this is a nos system, give them a call with the hole count as they will tell you which system and what year as some of them changed. Their tech help is top notch and will give you great specifics relating to base jetting for timing, fuel octane and gravity for your appl. They are now a division of holley and their # is on holley's web site.
    jd
    ps. the techs get kinda twitchy when you start talking high comp with nos, make sure and get their advice because with a 13.5:1 static, and you add a lotta nos, you're compressing a lot denser charge than normal, similar to a blower setup.

DORIGHT
    quiet riot
    So you have rebuilt your solenoids Cool, I read that on the web site that it could be done but have never ran into any one that had done it.
    I think as long as mine has been sitting it would be well worth rebuilding them prior to using them.
    The Spray Bars in this Manifold don't have very many holes but they are large holes, Since I bought this one I. Evan purchased another with the same spray bar installation in it.
    Something Weind and NOS did together I think as both manifold instals are Identical, Both are for 4500 series carbs.
    Yea My static is going to be very hi, But initial 1st stage will be a small shot 125hp a 2nd shot threw the Fogger at about around 200-250hp Max.
    This would be conservative in my opinion, And as big as I would go with the stuff.
    I also planned initial testing with smaller Jetting till bugs are worked out.
    (learning curve)
    My opinion with Hi comp is I wont have to run the NOS as much to get the HP out of the engine all the time.
    But when I do a 250hp shot gives a good curve on the Desk top dyno That doesn't get really weird,

DORIGHT
    Is it still possible to post pics at this web site and link pics?
    I could post some pics of the manifold if so

superdave013
    Originally posted by wsuwrhr
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...c-012f-med.jpg
    You need one of these to hold your bottle.
    Brian
    Nice spam there young man.
    Come see these brackets this sunday at the Long Beach Swapmeet space # 770.
    (lil more spam for ya Brian.)

quiet riot
    If there aren't a lot of holes you're prob looking at cheater or maybe even a powershot type deal. I didn't actually replace anything on my solonoids yet as they looked great when apart and I've had no issues. I just put em back together and still using them.
    Sounds pretty conservative on the hp levels, I did the same thing with my cheater system. started off at the small setting and worked up, playing with timing and such. I read the plugs after shutting down at the end of the runs at the drags and looked at times/mph to judge effects and I've had decent luck. I know I could lean the jetting out for the fuel on the nos system as it runs it a little rich but it keeps it safe and my ignition burns it off good so I've left it there.
    This was on a 10:1 motor and now I'm gonna try it on my 12.2:1 motor and see how it goes. Same idea, get a lot more outta the motor before the nos so I won't need it as much for lake use, mainly just for drags or the occasional lake race.
    jd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast