Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utah hot boaters

Wild Horses
    The Fountain I ran up against was running about 75 mph, I had been trying out several props and when I ran up against him I had a 22 Pitch Bravo prop on turning 5800 rpm and I also had my stainless bimini top up with 4 people in the boat, at that point I was running 72-73 on the good old GPS.(If I would of had the bimini down and my 25 mirage prop I think I could of pulled him):wink: I knock on the door of 85 at Havasu.
    I was running a full roller 502 with Edelbrock Alum heads, 9.5 to 1 comp with a Vortec supercharger at 6 psi. Got me a load of bad gas and to much timing and burnt a hole in a JE piston the first part of Sept.
    Punched it out to a 509 went to 8.5 to 1 comp and ran the rest of the year with the same pulley (about 5 psi) and new MSD ign. set at 28 full advance. Added me an intercooler this winter so I plan on bumping up the psi, then we'll see how it runs.
    Gotta love working on the boat
    Clint

B-RAD
    Dam wild horse, sounds bad ass we need to hook up this summer. I got to check that thing out all that in a 22 citation sounds cool. My little 502 mag is stock just Imco exhaust, k&n 25 pitch polished 4 blade brovo prop, 78.8 mph gps with full 55gallon tank two big beer coolers full weekend gear me and my wife at Havasu. I had more but got tangled up in side ways boat wakes and had to back out. I'm just happy that I can run into the 70's at powell with all our camping gear.
    HTM do you have an HTM or is that what you want? if you do is it the red and grey one I saw at Bear Marine before they went belly up?

HTM4ME
    I have been checking out the LVHB site pretty good site. Do u ever go to the Vegas boat show i was wondering if there is any good boats at the show my wife wants to go to the St George home show so i need some where to go save myself.
    I i was wondering if that exhaust and air filter helped u out much on the 502. and yes i have a HTM for now getting ready to sink it if i cant get it running right Talk at u guys later

B-RAD
    um yes the exhaust seemed to help a little it seemed to be a little quicker the main reason I went to the Imcos was my orig exhaust was in bad shape ahd the aluminum is a whole lot lighter. they look good too.
    heres my boat. I redid the gel coat onthe wind screen in oct. its white now.

Wild Horses
    B-Rad
    Nice looking DCB always thought they made a nice one.
    HTM
    Seen a little of your problem in another thread, so what is the suspected problem, and what do you think it is.
    Don,t you just hate having to take real motors to Petersen Marine.:yuk:
    Barb & Jerry down to Beckstrand Marine seem to have a few contacts and knowledge of some of the good places to take boats to for good work.
    If I can be of any help just ask
    Clint

Wild Horses, how long a run is LOTO from where you are? I've never been there but hear alot about it.
    So you don't like our smog and traffic?

Wild Horses
    Rexone
    I met you and talked to you on the first sunday of the show and teased you about your new catalogs.
    We cruised down through Kansas and went to Table Rock for 3 nights then went to LOTO for 4 nights. I put a little over 3000 miles on the Cummins. The trip was well worth it and Party Cove was absolutely nuts.
    Every body there has a covered dock and they need it, found out the hard way when I got caught in a Gully Washer (there words) ended up with about an inch of water in my cup holders.
    Did find out one thing, my Citation might be a pretty fast boat but on the holiday it was so rough the only ones going fast were the 35ers and up. (and there is a lot of those big boats out there)
    Clint

Wild Horses
    Rexone
    Forgot to tell you I enjoyed your display Class A!
    About your traffic, Sucks puts it mildly I live 32 miles from my work have 2 traffic lights and it takes me 25 minutes.
    About your Smog, Thick. Where I live we have no emission testing and we have no smog even in an inversion. (Got to love the country for some things)
    Clint

Originally posted by Wild Horses
    Rexone
    Forgot to tell you I enjoyed your display Class A!
    About your traffic, Sucks puts it mildly I live 32 miles from my work have 2 traffic lights and it takes me 25 minutes.
    About your Smog, Thick. Where I live we have no emission testing and we have no smog even in an inversion. (Got to love the country for some things)
    Clint
    I enjoyed meeting you. I remember you said you don't post much. lol. 32 miles from work here translated to about an hour to an hour and a half at rush hour. If you think our smog's bad now you should have lived here in the 70's. I lived about a mile from the mountains most my life here and on summer days back then you couldn't even see em half the time. It's cleaned up alot due to emission controls on cars and industry. You're right the country does have it's benefits.

B-RAD
    wild horse you must have not came into SLC last week we were socked in for 20+ days and COLD.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast