Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utah hot boaters

Wild Horses
    B-Rad
    The only time I go to Salt Lake is if its important or I'm just passing through on my way south. When I came home from L.A. I bypassed SLC the way, Went to Heber City past Park City and down Weber Canyon. Beautiful drive no traffic and missed all the smog.
    Up here in B.E. don't see to much in the way of smog unless Idaho is burning.
    Clint

B-RAD
    oh ya driving up through Heber is preaty cool .
    Ok back to the boat show I'll get there between 2 and 3 PM saturday. I'm a big guy 6'6" 275lbs I wear eye glasses and my wife is a smurf 5'2" we wil have my boy with us in a Jeep stoller I'll probably be at the beer line alot if ya see me come say howdy

HTM4ME
    Wild horse do u know anything about blackfot res? big, small ,nice, dump? I dont know what to check on my boat changed wires dist cap roter. Suposebley they checked the comp and the fuel system at the shop who knows I will check out a few things in the comming weeks fuel filter but i am not a mechanic by any means so i dont know what else i will do HTM says they will slap a new moter in it if it cant be fixed. Went to the boat show last night for about 20 min enough for me.
    B Rad love the boat it is the one i was thinking of.

Wild Horses
    HTM I've never been to Blackfoot Res. but I have a buddy that I think has been there. I've hit some small Lakes in my time Newton Dam, Stone res, Hell I've even put my boat on Collins Lake in Calif, its a fishing pond and close to Bullards Bar Res. (went out on Bullards it was a nice Res.) I'll see what I can find out on Blackfoot.
    I'm going to try to get to the show early afternoon have to cut out by 4 p.m. to pick up the other halfs new to here Tahoe. (I hope it pulls OK with the 5.3 I'm sure it will never come close to my cummins.)
    I'll be alone the wife is getting her hair colored. 6'1', 42 years, Trimmed Beard, cowboy boots and a ball cap. That will be me eyeing the cookies.LOL
    Clint

B-RAD
    Cool I'll look for ya. I doubt the Tahoe will pull like your cummins. I drive a cummins as well. with all that you've done to your boat have you hopped up your truck also? I've done an edge box and a AFE cold air filter I can't believe what it did for my truck. It will pull my boat, Jeep or 4wheelers as fast as I dare drive over any hill. In fact on my way to Havasu I got a ticket just out of search light the cop said he clocked me at 103mph pulling my boat oops he was cool only wrote the ticket for 90

Wild Horses
    My Cummins is a early 98 which means 12 valve. I've installed a torque plate and K&N and some slotted discs. I've had this truck for 5 years and I'm thinking about a 4in lift, any thoughts on brands.
    I'm going to leave for the show soon and right now we have about 4-5ins of snow on the ground hope the roads won't be to bad for my 60 mile drive.:wink:
    Sounds like the wife will being going with me after all I just don't have any idea what she will look like right now.
    Clint

HTM4ME
    How did u guys like the show? It sounds like all us Utahns drive cummings that is what i tug the boat with as well. Wild horses my wife has a tahoe with the 5.3 I was very impressed with it however I wont be leaving the dodge home to boat with it. Keep it snowin better for boating.

B-RAD
    Wild horse good to meet you and your wife. As far as a lift for you truck, call me (801)262-9530 I'll hookyou up. The boat show was fun, nothing to note worthy, but gets me excited for the season. It's kind of a let down to be a the boat show then walk out in a snow storm.:frown: We need to hook up this summer on the lake a few years ago i tryed to put a Utah hot boat gathering together but it didn't work out maybe we should do it this summer

HTM4ME
    Whats going on Utah. T&B u said u worked on some of the home show houses what kind of construction do u do just curious i am in construction also.
    Do any of u know if u can put the complete injection system from a 500 efi onto a 502 with any gains? Just a Question the guy from the boat shop in layton is trying to get me to let him put one on my boat that he got from somewere but i dont see how it could work efficiantly with out changing other parts thanks

HTM4ME
    B RAD let me know on a gathering i would be more than happy to help and i know a few other boaters who would be happy to as well. What kind of lift kits do u deal with for the chevs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast