Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever lost track of time reading a dictionary?

FMluvswater
    Looking up one word and get sidetracked either by other words on the pages or because the definition you found points you to another word which points you to another one etc and next thing you know something that should have taken two minutes or less has turned into nearly an hour (or worse!)? If you've ever done this and are not admitting to it I have three words for you- CLUCK CLUCK SQUAWK! If I'm the only one then I guess I'm SOOL in finding a 12 step program to overcome this weakness. Hmmm, maybe it really IS too cold here in Canada (or something)? wink LOL!

Mandelon
    Uh,.............. no.

SCUBA STEVE
    Speak of spelling is there spell check here on the boards?? If not I am going to change my name to, scuba can't spell steve.

gigamurph
    Nope; can't say that I have ever lost track of time while readin' the dictionary. Let's seeee; yep, it's right there between "timbrel" and "time and a half"; right where it's always been! Think before ya ask these questions!

MJ19
    I have to admit it...in fact, this link is one of my bookmarks
    http://www.m-w.com/
    Comes in handy all the time!!!

BlownHowardCat
    Those things are still around ???

MJ19
    BlownHowardCat:
    Those things are still around ??? You mean the " Dic -tion-ary" hee, hee ...I remember when I was a little girl...I thought it was sooo fun to say that word, because 'dic' was part of it...ooohhh pretty risque!

RiverKitty
    Do you remember when (in the old days) the salesmen use to go door to door selling an entire set of Encylopedia's that came with a *free* dictionary???
    Now all you have to do is go to www.dictionary.com und WALLA!
    Times sure are changin' fast!

FMluvswater
    Hi I'm FM and I have a problem ... I have read a DIC tionary and what's worse is .. I liked it! Is the coffee burned yet? No? I'll wait then. Coffee must taste like fuel at these types of meetings or I might think I'm in a cafe. Just 11 more steps to go sigh. smile_sp

MJ19
    FMluvswaterbabe:
    Hi I'm FM and I have a problem ... I have read a DIC tionary and what's worse is .. I liked it! Hello, I'm MJ and I have actually put my hands all over a "DIC-tionary" and liked it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast