Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class C

LASERRAY
    In the market for one. Who makes a good one? I'm looking for a Big Block powerplant. Anyone? Thanks.

LASERRAY
    bump

JetBoatRich
    Get one with the V-10 from what I have seen.
    I was looking at them couple years ago before we bought our Class A.

cheech
    i would go towards the GM motor 8.1 good power same motor workhorse use's in all there chassis.i think gm still makes a class c .the v-10 has had some issues on blowing plugs out of the head's.and they are a bitch to work on. and most dealer's will not work on them(won't fit on there hoist,or to busy and the mech.don't want to work on them. take each one for a test drive up a good steep high way and see if the power is acceptable to you.i think the allison is alot stronger trans then fords.

cheech
    make sure you are not going to out grow the class c. they are not as popular as the class a so if you do want to move up you might take a big hit trading it in. you can get some good class a that are used and low miles at a good price. and you don't hit your face on the overhead getting in the drivers seat from the back.

Mopar426
    I would go with a class A. I like sitting up high. The class C has too much wasted space. Most class A's have big blocks and a heavier towing capacity.

Mopar426
    This one I picked up for under 6 grand, but have over 10 invested in it. It only has 52,000 miles on the clock. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...coach1-med.jpg

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Mopar426
    I would go with a class A. I like sitting up high. The class C has too much wasted space. Most class A's have big blocks and a heavier towing capacity. I would rather go with the class a but i don't have the room for it and don't want to put it in storage. Thanks.

HighRoller
    If you are going to get a class C, try to get a Ford chassis so you can get the powerstroke. A gas engine in that size vehicle will die in the hills, overheat and drink gas like crazy. Diesel is the only way to go.

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    I would rather go with the class a but i don't have the room for it and don't want to put it in storage. Thanks.
    new or used Ray?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast