Thread: New Carbon Fiber Parts...Finally!

Kurtis500
    Finally after building a new shop and getting back in running order I have completed 4 part molds at the same time. This is the first, another 392 valve cover. This one should be on Gene Adams rail this weekend at the time trials. I went with bronze inserts and tubes on the bolt hole flanges for better wear. This will clear the biggest hemi valve trains. The part molds have the dimensions built in for ballistic armor fabrics (blast retention).
    The next part is the bullet 3 1/2 gallon fuel tank. Its in the mold now. Its the hardest and probably neatest part I've made yet. Should have pics up Thursday night.
    Sorry, the picture is a little dark.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...030141-med.JPG

dmontzsta
    That looks great, I have a friend who just started making CF parts. He is actually making his entire daily driving Maxima out of CF. Everything from the valve cover to the bumper supports, CF is great stuff. That valve cover looks good.

You do very nice work! I would like to see the tank when your done with it!

UBFJ #454
    Darren -
    Your Hemi valve covers look Great and sound like they've been very well thought out.
    Will see you next tues. or wed. ... give me a heads up the night before so that I can tell Mike Sampica so that he can be here too.
    Jak

Kurtis500
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    That looks great, I have a friend who just started making CF parts. He is actually making his entire daily driving Maxima out of CF. Everything from the valve cover to the bumper supports, CF is great stuff. That valve cover looks good.
    Sounds like quite a project. Making the molds takes the most time. Even worse when they are closed molds. Making a body should run him some big $$ in materials. Hope it works out well.

Kurtis500
    Originally posted by BEAR_454PE
    Darren -
    Your Hemi valve covers look Great and sound like they've been very well thought out.
    Will see you next tues. or wed. ... give me a heads up the night before so that I can tell Mike Sampica so that he can be here too.
    Jak
    Will do.
    Its funny just how close you live. I hit that Taco Bell at 16th street and Bethany every now and then. And the mother-in-law is at 12st and Maryland.

RaysonKid
    So, do you make any scoops? For boats?

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by Kurtis500
    Sounds like quite a project. Making the molds takes the most time. Even worse when they are closed molds. Making a body should run him some big $$ in materials. Hope it works out well.
    Yes indeed, the good thing for him is, every part he makes he can sale atleast 10+ of them no problem. There are so many Maxima guys that they buy that crap up, like the stang market almost.

Kurtis500
    Originally posted by RaysonKid
    So, do you make any scoops? For boats?
    Not really. I have 2 injector scoop molds. Unless you are wanting the little extra weight savings or the carbon fiber look, fiberglass is plenty good.