Thread: Medical Insurance/Hospitals in Phoenix

Outnumbered
    Yet another AZ question and probably not the last:
    Looking for the best medical insurance in the Phoenix area. Also would like to know about the hospitals. We were looking to set up our regular doctors at the Arrowhead Medical Center since its close to the new pad. What kind of reputation does it have?
    Thanks, you guys have been a great help I would be in the dark without your help.
    OL

91nordic29
    lavey:
    i have this plan http://www.american-community.com/ne...esubmit=Submit
    and hubby has this one blue cross blue shield (https://www.bcbsaz.com/index.asp?market=)
    john c. lincoln hospitals are good also and very close.
    hope this helps.

Outnumbered
    Better than Arrowhead? I have no idea and don't want to get established at a hospital that has a bad rep.
    Thanks!

chub
    Good Samaritan took great care of me whenI needed it.

91nordic29
    john c lincoln hospitals have a good reputation:
    john c lincoln (http://www.jcl.com/)
    arrowhead is good also, just smaller. we also have thunderbird samaritan which is good. if your doctor is aligned with any of these three, you'll be set.

roln 20s
    My insurance is through Mayo Clinic- which I have only the best things to say about (but then again I am the only one on my policy, rarely get sick and am only 22). I love it, my doctor is very personable and is at the Mayo Arrowhead Patient Care Center (75th and L101). The Mayo hospital is at 56st and L101-- pretty easy to access, but a little farther from my house.
    I have never heard anything bad about them.
    When I was growing up in Arrrowhead, we always had CIGNA, and despite the complaints my parents use to have, everything always worked out and was taken care of.
    John C Lincoln hospital is suppose to be very good!
    Roln 20s

Craig
    Thunderbird has a good rep. At work we use Good Samaritan if we have to transport a contaminated worker who's seriously injured. They have the best shock trauma unit, so we're told.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by Craig
    Thunderbird has a good rep. At work we use Good Samaritan if we have to transport a contaminated worker who's seriously injured. They have the best shock trauma unit, so we're told.
    CONTAMINATED
    I hope that doesn't happen too often.
    OL
    PS, thanks all for the help. I will be making some calls soon and now I have a little local edge.

roln 20s
    Craig- isn't that why they offer those super cool Orange/yellow suits for you to wear? You better be wearing that bad boy- I know a supervisor that may keep upset if you don't
    Roln 20s