Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: commander problems

LAVEYSABRE575
    HTM4ME WHICH HTM DO U OWN WHAT SIZE MOTOR, DRIVE PROP?

OGShocker
    Originally posted by beer hunter
    If you are in the So Cal area, take the boat to Quality Performance Marine (909 INO-SHIT) in Corona. These guys are factory authorized mercruiser mechanics and know their sh!t
    Yes they do know SHIT! My boat has been there three times for an oil leak in the stock 496HO. They're knowledge of shit is well documented. I saw the owner two times at the LA Boat Show and both times he turned away from me.
    People who know me from the forums know, I DO NOT flame as a rule but, for F**K sake, three times for an oil leak?
    Commandergirl; I found Brian at B&D Marine (626) 443-3721 is by far the most customer service minded guy in the "boat shop" business. He might be able to help.
    Freak; Do you think my post will help to stir the s**t?

ROZ
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    I hope so...It's been really boring around these parts lately

Ziggy
    Originally posted by commandergirl
    The owner is a liar and keeps telling us that it will only be two more weeks. hes been saying that since october
    I don't think Sy is a liar, out and out but rather he gets misinformed by his not so brilliant at times crew. Also, remember that claimed top speeds are usually factored with perfect water, air and boat load conditions. My 23LX runs about 2-5mph slower than the claimed speed but Steve told me up front that realistically I'd be seeing speeds more around the upper 50's. It has been true sofar to what he said and not what the brochures can claim. If I could squeeze the last few hundred rpm out of the engine that Mercruiser says it should do then the 62-63mph claim would be attainable.
    Good luck with getting your stuff straightened out , sounds like a engine management problem if it happened after you took the governor out.

THATJEFFGUY
    Commandergirl...first of all I would suggest that you not take anything back to Commander Boats for repairs. This is the second Commander I've owned, and definitely the LAST !!! Sy is actually a pretty honest guy but he has a bunch of f'n idiots working in the back that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground..so unfortunately he only relays to the customer what his monkeys tell him. I would have the engine checked out by a qualified mechanic first and see what he tells you. Keep in mind, Commander doesn't have the best or fastest hull design out there so I'm sure that's playing a factor in your speed. Also, have the installation location of the drive checked...I have talked to 2 different Commander owners who found later that their drive was installed either too low or too high. Again, I'd stay away from that circus out in Perris, unless you want your boat in worse shape than it is now !! Just my $.02

beer hunter
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    Yes they do know SHIT! My boat has been there three times for an oil leak in the stock 496HO. They're knowledge of shit is well documented. I saw the owner two times at the LA Boat Show and both times he turned away from me.
    People who know me from the forums know, I DO NOT flame as a rule but, for F**K sake, three times for an oil leak?
    Commandergirl; I found Brian at B&D Marine (626) Bad-Luck is by far the most customer service minded guy in the "boat shop" business. He might be able to help.
    Maybe it's the boat and not the motor j/k Sorry you haven't had a good experience with CPM, but they have always addressed any problems I’ve had in a very professional manner

SummerBreeze
    Are you dragging you anker??
    Or maybe your emergency brake is on. Check the cable it could be even to tight and you don't even know is on...but it is.
    Just kidding sorry to hear your having trouble

rivercrazy
    I'm kinda confused on the whole Governer thing. The only thing I am aware of is the rev limiter controlled by computer on the newer Merc Motors. Without reprogramming the computer by a reputable source, I don't think you could reprogram it.

stoker
    Are you sure the trailer is not still attached to the boat? I have heard a story of a Bayliner owner who disconnected the trailer and boat from the truck and later complained to the dealer that the boat would not get on plane J/K Hopefully Commander steps up and takes care of you!

HTM4ME
    I AM RUNNING A 502 EFI RAN PROPS FROM 20 26 NOTHING CHANGED THE RPM WONT GO OVER 4000 I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO TRYbut

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast