Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: commander problems

CAHotRodBoy
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I'm curious as to what "governor" they took out??
    RD
    Me too. Was that back when Davis was in office or Arnold?
    Did they have security boats follow you?

Kilrtoy
    Me too. Was that back when Davis was in office or Arnold?
    LOL

SLAPPING_GLASS
    was wondering did you state what size motor you have did not see it if you did,also what kind of rpm are you pulling.And to htm guy who has been changing props from 20 to 26 are you also changing the pitch......to go along with tryi gto increase rpm woould have to think you should be pulling 4800 to 5200.I hjave a 21 1/2 open bow toronado by after shock with the 6.2 liter in it cant remember the pitch and lenght of prop but i pull about 5000 rpm ad run at about 65.Also I was wondering when these boat manufactures to there speed test are they running on saly water which will give you aboput 5 miles an hour

SLAPPING_GLASS
    excuse the miss spelled words fingers go a little crazy sometimes that last reply was do they run there test on salt water now saly water

cigarette1
    Originally posted by SLAPPING_GLASS
    was wondering did you state what size motor you have did not see it if you did,also what kind of rpm are you pulling.And to htm guy who has been changing props from 20 to 26 are you also changing the pitch......to go along with tryi gto increase rpm woould have to think you should be pulling 4800 to 5200.I hjave a 21 1/2 open bow toronado by after shock with the 6.2 liter in it cant remember the pitch and lenght of prop but i pull about 5000 rpm ad run at about 65.Also I was wondering when these boat manufactures to there speed test are they running on saly water which will give you aboput 5 miles an hour
    WHAT?

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I'm curious as to what "governor" they took out??
    RD
    Give the Governor a "Harumph"..... Blazing Saddles....
    Oh crap....wrong thread....

Kachina26
    Originally posted by cigarette1
    WHAT? Have a few beers cig, it'll make more sense then. Maybe

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    Yes they do know SHIT! My boat has been there three times for an oil leak in the stock 496HO. They're knowledge of shit is well documented. I saw the owner two times at the LA Boat Show and both times he turned away from me.
    People who know me from the forums know, I DO NOT flame as a rule but, for F**K sake, three times for an oil leak?
    Commandergirl; I found Brian at B&D Marine (626) 443-3721 is by far the most customer service minded guy in the "boat shop" business. He might be able to help.
    Freak; Do you think my post will help to stir the s**t?
    OG, I couldn't agree with you more. I took my boat to Rob at Quality Marine for the same problem on a new 496HO. 3X in for the oil leak and he couldn't find the problem and he even pulled motor out and couldn't find the problem. I took it to Temecula Marine center and first time there they found problem. It was a rear main seal leak.

SLAPPING_GLASS
    Ok fine my mistake then is htm also changing how much blade there is.There is 2 things to consider with props pitch and how ong the blades are. I did nt know if he was talking about pitch or how long the blades were.But I guess after thinking about it a prop 26 across would be pretty damn big...

SLAPPING_GLASS
    No i do not have any pics of my boat at least not yet.But if yuou go to there website and take a look at there 21 1/2 ft Skier take away the back to back seating and have a longer open bow such as the 23 1/2 open bow toronado you can get a good idea..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast