Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: V-drive clubs

DaveA
    Originally posted by BGMAN203
    I didn't renew this past year, and he is still sending me newsletters!!! I can't see the point of paying ($37) to a man that doesn't know how to use spell or grammer check in his newsletters. He writes like a 2nd or 3rd grader would write. Plus all of his news is 2-3 mo in the past.
    Stand by for rant mode in 3....2....1....
    News? He had news? All I ever saw were out of date ads for the same boats month after month. The ads from old performance boating magazines were interesting, but I asked him for tech articles and how-to stuff on v-drives. Yea, yea, he'd say, and then nothing. And after I had to decipher his abominable grammar and typos, and contend with his humor (not) I passed on renewal after a couple of years.
    Here I was in NC- east coast, hotbed of bass boating and all things clamp-on, and all I wanted was more information on v-drives...well, he DID hook me up with Steve McElroy...
    After he stated something to the effect that if you took pictures at his events and had them published without his permission, you were in some sort of trouble, I said, this guy's outa control.
    Rant mode OFF.
    Whew! Thanks. Sorry for the hijacking...

Monkey Bung
    BGMAN, WHY DONT YOU START UP YOUR OWN NEWS LETTER! SINCE YOUR SO QUICK TO PICK APART BRIAN'S WORK. YOU SOUND LIKE NOTHIN BUT A PUNK. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE FIRST CLUE OF HOW MUCH TIME THAT GUY DOES FOR THE V-DRIVE GUYS. SO GO AHEAD PROFESSOR AND START YOUR OWN SO THE REST OF US IGNORANT STUDENTS CAN PICK APART YOUR NEWS LETTER!!! CLASS IS IN SESSION:yuk:

smalls
    DANG!

Sangster
    Tough Crowd.....

Moneypitt
    How about that JJ boob shot, eh!!

BGMAN203
    Originally posted by Monkey Bung
    BGMAN, WHY DONT YOU START UP YOUR OWN NEWS LETTER! SINCE YOUR SO QUICK TO PICK APART BRIAN'S WORK. YOU SOUND LIKE NOTHIN BUT A PUNK. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE FIRST CLUE OF HOW MUCH TIME THAT GUY DOES FOR THE V-DRIVE GUYS. SO GO AHEAD PROFESSOR AND START YOUR OWN SO THE REST OF US IGNORANT STUDENTS CAN PICK APART YOUR NEWS LETTER!!! CLASS IS IN SESSION:yuk:
    Alright let the SHIT slinging begin!!!
    First of all, if I am going to be paying$$$ for a published "newsletter" I expect it to be gramatically correct and free of typos. All I was saying is that there are many errors in every months newsletter, some of them have always been there and never get corrected. Some of the mistakes are so bad that it makes the articles hard to read. It would really take 5 min with spell check, or have someone proof read the newsletter before you run it off at the printer or copy store.
    Secondly, I can recall a few months back Brian had a 4 to 5 page copy of a vinatge hydroplane circle boat with a Allison helicopter engine. What the hell does that have to do with V-Drive stuff.
    Thirdly, His reports are way outdated. You get a few pics from CFW Father's Day in Aug or Sept. Whats up with that??
    Finally, I know that he does this in his free time, and its srtictly a hobby, but I can't seem to figure out why I pay $37 for a weak newsletter that I am lucky if I get once a month. Now lets do some math here....Brian claims that he has over 600 members in the CVDCOA. So 600*$37=$22,200. I may think I am a punk 24 year old, but that is more $$ than I usally make in 1 year. I know that he puts that money towards his V-drive outing and other small expences. But where does the rest of the money go?? Its obvious that he doesn't put that much money in the newsletter. The ads that people run in the newsletter should cover the cost of it, and then some. The way I figure it Mr. Lynch is having lunch on a lot of other v-drivers.
    All I have stated above is FACT. If a offended anyone I am sorry, I am not one to really start shit with anyone, but your pissing me off Monkey Bung. DING....what was that???...oh I think that was the school bell!!! CLASS DISMISSED!!!
    If you wanna talk to me about more call me (714) 686-0053
    Brian

Cas
    ok Dick Wads! This is my friggin thread! Go argue somewhere else on your own damn thread
    Leave it to a jet guy to cause some shit huh?
    and without even trying
    Anyway, thanks to all who responded civily, I appreciate it

RaysonKid
    Wow,
    And Hud was just wondering what was going on this winter..
    Seems like these forums make a decent kind of news letter..
    Hell, Even a little like a club.
    Who shall we vote to be club President???

this place is starting to look like another hb forum???
    why are you so upset "MONKEY BUNG",...does Lynch pack your lunches before school or something?
    P.S. whats with all these bells ringing?...must be lunch time!!

Kimbo
    ???? JERRY, WHAT ABOUT THE V-DRIVE REPORTER? I KNOW IT'S NOT MUCH, BUT IT'S FREE AND WE DO USE SPELL CHECK! IT'S ONLY QUARTERLY, WE ENCOURAGE ARTICLES, OFFER CHEEP BUSINESS CARD AND PERSONAL ADS... AND WE EVEN USE YOUR PHOTO'S REGULARLY.
    KIMBO

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast