Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Was givin a 1979 24ft schiada..Whats it worth?

AzDon
    I got my Lebel from a young couple in Santa Clarita that had been given the boat by her father. They were jet-ski people and didn't want a v-drive because they felt the Big River area was too shallow (I soon discovered that the boat had probably sat on it's prop overnight) I got the boat for a price that amounted to thievery after trying to educate the guy about the value of a good v-drive boat.
    I think a boat is an item of such a personal nature that I couldn't give one away to a family member that only appreciates its monetary value, but I realize that not all families have sentimental taboos like mine does. I thought about sending pictures of the boat after I restored it to forward to the dad so he could see that I was appreciating the boat that his son-in-law thought of as annoying and obsolete, but never did.

LUVNLIFE
    Good post AzDon. The guy I bought my boat from still calls after four years to make sure it's all good. If he sees it in a hotel parking lot in Havasu or Laughlin he does a drive by to make sure I'm keeping it up. If not I hear about it. When I own a boat I take interest in who buys it if I sell it.

SPECTRABRENT
    That boat looks like a Hocking 22, which is an exact copy of the Schiada 24 with 2 feet cut off. Howard bought Hockings molds in the late 1980's. Which is the Howard 22.
    Brent

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456