Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Flag Etiquette

clownpuncher
    I saw some mention of this topic in another thread. Thought I would start a seperate thread. After all, She deserves her own Posting this info in the same thread as the stripper's would be doing Old Glory a disservice.
    American Flag Etiquette (http://www.usflag.org/flag.etiquette.html)
    Take from it what you will. I respect those that fly her, even thought they may be at a loss for the proper way. I'm a guy that looks at a person's intent, rather than what is actual.
    Fly her proud

NOTALENT
    Damn Straight...Love it or Leave it...And for all those fockers flying the mexico flags here. Get the Hell Out!!!!!!!!!

Ziggy
    Originally posted by Bropb16
    Damn Straight...Love it or Leave it...And for all those fockers flying the mexico flags here. Get the Hell Out!!!!!!!!!
    Its ok to fly another flag but if memory serves me correct, the secondary flag IS NOT supposed to be flying higher or larger than our Nations Flag, whether on the same lanyard or on adjacent pole.
    Bropb16, I agree with you on the ones that fly solo....1st things first, RED/WHITE/BLUE, then go ahead and fly your other flags as governed by the Flag Etiquette.

mirvin
    Usually when you purchase a flag there's a little info card included that gives you the proper proceedures.
    Did you guys know that you're supposed to "retire" a flag when it gets ratty and that the proper way to do it is to BURN IT? You can take it to any American Legion and they will do a cerimonial flag torching for ya!!
    Mirvin

NashvilleBound
    We have a 6X12 flying 24/7 here at the ranch. No light at night, its just always a nice respectfull reminder of our great country!

mirvin
    Originally posted by NashvilleBound
    We have a 6X12 flying 24/7 here at the ranch. No light at night, its just always a nice respectfull reminder of our great country!
    I don't know NashvilleBound, officially you're supposed to put a light on it at night and it shouldn't get left out in "inclement weather"
    But hey, who's gonna make ya?
    Mirvin

AdrenelineOD
    Brother inlaw is in Iraq. he sends me pics of people who tried to kill him.
    I use proper flag edicet. just not proper spelling. USA#1
    P.S. cant show those pics are u crazy!!!!:wink:

Essex502
    Originally posted by mirvin
    I don't know NashvilleBound, officially you're supposed to put a light on it at night and it shouldn't get left out in "inclement weather"
    But hey, who's gonna make ya?
    Mirvin
    Flying in inclement weather is okay if the flag is weatherproof.

Bow Tie Omega
    Actually, I was a member of 2 different honor guards while on active duty in the military and the flag was not to be outdoors during inclimate weather. I know that there is an exception to the rule during wartime in the battlefield

twistedpair
    I know his intentions were probably good, but this is not proper flag etiquette
    http://www.nfl.com/u/superbowl/photo...l622_lower.jpg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast