Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why?

eliminatedsprinter
    Is this such a slow part of the forum? Is there that few of us? Or do most O.B. folks run their boats more than they talk about them (I wish I was in that position).

HavasuDreamin'
    This is a west coast board that is more socializing than tech. Sceam and Fly and a couple other boards have the O/B tech covered.

sorry dog
    This is a west coast board that is more socializing than tech. Sceam and Fly and a couple other boards have the O/B tech covered.
    Buy and sell covered too. Bill Gohr has gearcases for sale. Any takers?

TWISTER
    YEAH I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERBODY BUT IT HAS BEEN PRETTY QUITE MAYBE THERE ALL AT U.T.S PLACE HAVING A MEETING OF THE MINDS OR THERE ALL IN THE BAHAMAS WITH JET BOAT GURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE ALL IN THE GARAGE GETTING THE WEED WHACKAS READY FOR BBSP!!

randy77zt
    high perf outboard boats are rare in california.in north /central ca they are very rare.up where i live you see wake board boats with drunk kids on them.my boat is running good but i am changing to offshore mid on the merc.scream and fly has best outboard tech on it.might take boat out tomorrow.this is actually best the best time of the year for speed.dense air and no people in my way.going to wear my streetbike helmet to keep my head warm.

HavasuDreamin'
    Randy.....you have one bad machine. Are you going to a 15" mid or the OEM 20" can?

randy77zt
    havasudreamin-i am going to go 20"as i just got a fairly new sportmaster last october and i dont want to mess with it.boat has a mutt motor.bought boat used and didnt know a thing about mercs.engine is a 96 on old mid.engine is bone stock.runs about 108 mph with 30 merc cleaver.was at havasu last october and drove boat to laughlin and back from havasu.i dont sit much when boat is on the water.i like to drive-fast.boat has been at bbsp last 2 years.its a 4 seater with full interior,lights,and 40oz carpet.i just like a clean boat that runs and everything works like a new car.since i bought it 2 years ago much work has been done on refinement.first was adding sea star steering.and on and on.

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by randy77zt
    high perf outboard boats are rare in california.in north /central ca they are very rare.up where i live you see wake board boats with drunk kids on them.my boat is running good but i am changing to offshore mid on the merc.scream and fly has best outboard tech on it.might take boat out tomorrow.this is actually best the best time of the year for speed.dense air and no people in my way.going to wear my streetbike helmet to keep my head warm.
    I was having more fun in the offseason, until my powerhead died.I like it much better for the same reasons.
    One thing (besides legal issues here in CA) that I think is hurting the popularity of OBs is the perception that the mags etc.. Give that the only hot OBs are the ones with 2.5s or 300 pro maxs. Most of the 18-20 ft jets and many of the stern drive bowrider "***boats"I see would be happy to see 60-65 mph. If more people knew how easy that speed is to reach with as little as a 150 hp OB they might be a little more popular. Hot boat mag gives reviews 50-55 mph jet boats all the time, but when was the last time they reviewd an OB that did less than 80? The last time I remember was when they put a single pro max (a 225 I think) on a 25 ft commander bowrider several years ago and it only went about 60...

Kim Hanson
    I think you have it all wrong, ***boat....nothing hanging off the back...taboo! Headers are cool and IO unit's!
    I stopped my subscription after the year was up! Some good info. on props and stuff, cool pictures!
    There is nothing like taking your boat out to a lake and beating all that's on the water:wink: Just...you and me buddy racing! I don't lose , here! There is nothing that can go over a 100mph!:frown:
    .........50-80 mph.....slow ass shit, over that " HOT-BOAT "...........( . )( . ).......

You Te
    This section is so slow because no one uses Nitrous.
    You Te

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast