Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy needs some info

RexRathburn
    I was running my boat this weekend on Saturday for its maiden voyage at San Vicente. Also, this is my first outboard so I have a lot of learnin' to do. It's a 1995 Stoker 204 with an 3.0L Evinrude.
    At 2:00 PM I could run it wide open and everything was good. At around 4:00 PM I tried to run it wide open and the damn thing would lean out real quick (the exhuast temp would shoot up). My question...is this normal? Are all outboards that sensitive or do you think there is a problem?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    P.S. It put a smile on my face from ear to ear to see the faces of those fishermen when they heard and saw me comin'!

STVBOY
    Was the air temp alot colder at 4 than at 2? If so the colder air would cause the boat to run leaner. If you are running it in colder weather you might richen it up a bit so you don't lean it out.Just my 2 cents Thx John

RexRathburn
    Thanks for the reply. It was quite a bit cooler at 4 than at 2.

eliminatedsprinter
    I don't know the answer to your question, but that is one great looking boat.

RexRathburn
    Thanks eliminated. I have wanted a Stoker for a long time and I can't wait until river season! That's a damn nice lookin' clamp on you got there too.

HavasuDreamin'
    Unless you had a significant change in temperature, the EGT should not have shot up so much as to alarm you. Might want to check it out.

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by RexRathburn
    Thanks eliminated. I have wanted a Stoker for a long time and I can't wait until river season! That's a damn nice lookin' clamp on you got there too.
    Thanks
    It should look good, it's got the same deck as the stoker 20 SST. It doesn't have the tunnel bottom though, but it perfoms pretty well for the modest power that it has. Perhaps that is because it was rigged by stoker as well. Good luck with your's they are awsome rides.... Maybe I'll see you on a lake. But you will have to be stopped, cause I won't be able to catch ya otherwise.....

jackpunx
    I'll catch him for ya
    Love them Stokers

You Te
    Check your fuel supply. Water seperator and fuel filter. If you run ok at low RPM, then you punch it and it goes lean it's starving for fuel. If you don't have a fuel pressure guage get one. Make sure to install the sender after all the filters. Also check the fuel tank vent and the pick up.
    You Te

RexRathburn
    Thanks You Te...I'll get to work.
    Jackpunx I knew someone would bite on that last comment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast