Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any more info on the DualJet?

HighRoller
    I saw a thread a while back on a Renegade being built with the DualJet on it. Does anyone know how it turned out? I'm interested in finding out as much as I can about this system.

AdrenelineOD
    did they use a single scoop or does one jet dryout on turns? Ihope someone knows I`m very curious

HighRoller
    It's a single intake with two complete bowl/nozzle setups behind it.

pops1
    We Just Tested our Dual Drive last week- 625HP 540 Block-Schiada 24' Aggressor Pumps on our single split intake,"B" Impellers 5000 RPM's 63 MPH on Belt Drive 16% underdrive.
    All numbers to date have been real good. Must up the R's to 5800 to get into the good power.
    Problem's = Heavy Boat 1700 Bare maybe 5000 + as tested.
    Have a Bad dominate front keel problem to resolve from the way
    delta was laid out in the hull, not Lee's fault- did talk to Lee @ Schiada about this and it can be resolved.
    We pulled the intake out, remachined & set it with help from Tom Papp. Shut down the intake to 0 pressure- Changed from C/D cuts & 1 to 1 ratio our last time out to the "B" Impellers @ 16% under.
    First time out 4800 RPM's 0 Pressure @ intake 3.250 Choke 56MPH
    Changed by adding .125 additional shoe and putting in a 3.125 choke -5000 Rs 63 MPH. 22 pounds intake equal both sides.
    Belt Drive- We are Impressed with this system. Quite no noise & no Gear Sounds Transfered as we found in our Gear system.
    Added Billett Rudders (oversize) -have great steering at 5-6 MPH
    Next Plan- Motor wants to run at 5800 6200 for max H.P. - Will continue to boost intake pressure by shoe & choke play- Tom Feels we will see 67+ MPH out of this set up when finished-
    Finalize the front bow keel problem between Lee & Tom- One Big Awesome Jet Ski Boat- for Scott.
    Next Plan- Convert JR Drive from Chain to Belt Drive in 16' Tunnel put small block in to replace the V6 and Test.
    Have a Good One Dave.

Johnwithjm
    Harold Bruce did a dual jet in an Ultra 23xs with a 1000HP blown motor for a buddy of mine and it is running in the mid 80s and he said with some minor hardware adjustments there is more there to be had.

DORIGHT
    Pop's one
    Wear can I get some more info on this Belt Drive?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    what is the expected service of the belt system? does it use a belt similar to a timing belt or blower belt? very interesting system. Looks like jets will soon be an option for the ever growing larger boat market.
    Omega

HighRoller
    That's been my dilemma for years. I like a lot of the 22-24ft bowriders but will not own anything but a jet. Hopefully soon I'll have my cake and eat it too.

pops1
    Originally posted by DORIGHT
    Pop's one
    Wear can I get some more info on this Belt Drive?
    We are going to be testing next week- I will Photo the Belt Drive
    and fill you in- or call me at Aggressor Jet Drives -888-246-5075
    I am an old fart and can't ever get my pictures to post here.
    The Belt system is sweet- maybe try another belt style yet!

pops1
    Originally posted by Johnwithjm
    Harold Bruce did a dual jet in an Ultra 23xs with a 1000HP blown motor for a buddy of mine and it is running in the mid 80s and he said with some minor hardware adjustments there is more there to be had.
    Harold was by our shop last week- That a good number John.
    Your Ultra 23 I would think is much lighter then the Schiada 24 we are testing in and a full foot shorter. This is the SK cutter style which pushes a full keel for turnning, So I too think our package at 625/650 and 67 -70 MPH range is also a winner!
    John visited Tom and seen your Boats on the showroom, Your looking good- Keep it up & great sales to you. Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast