Thread: ANYBODY HAVE A 210 HALLET WITH A LOT OF POWER?

MAXIMUS
    My brothers 210 Hallet has a blown 510 running about 7 psi boost. Currently spinning a quik silver 23 pitch 3 blade. Motor is capable of turning prop well past 6000 rpm. I know he will need a bigger prop however the boat is out of f#@king control as it is at 80 & up! He has k planes however they are mounted to the outside & at the same angle as the V! I was told a short shaft, bigger K planes down towards the center & mounted flat along with an offset box will help!
    Does anybody have any input??? I am a jet guy & this is not a jet... lol

mbrown2
    Most of the fast 210 Ski Racers do use the standoff boxes and they use huge tabs, or sometimes two tabs....I know these are #6 drives, but you get the idea....Call GT, they will know how the drive should be aligned to the bottom and how the tabs should be arranged for the speed.
    Here is a pic of one the Hallets they rigged and I think the second is a Schiada..

MAXIMUS
    Thanks for the shots! That is exactly what I was looking for...

burbanite
    That second picture looks like the back of Schiada Tunnels 210.

MAXIMUS
    Does shiada tunnel have a 210? If that is it, then it looks sweet...

burbanite
    MAXIMUS:
    Does shiada tunnel have a 210? Yep,
    but the Gamma settings on my monitor have decided to go South so it is hard to be certain if this is it, it sure looks like it though...

PRIMEriverRUNNER8780
    Hi
    If this is the set up you're looking for, we have extensively experimented with plate location and angles. From Dana Plates to full custom like the one's in these pictures on the site.
    If you have any questions, feel free to call or link to our site.
    http://www.primemarineusa.com/galler...&offset=&ID=18
    -Mike

SUPERCREWJOHN
    MAXIMUS:
    My brothers 210 Hallet has a blown 510 running about 7 psi boost. Currently spinning a quik silver 23 pitch 3 blade. Motor is capable of turning prop well past 6000 rpm. I know he will need a bigger prop however the boat is out of f#@king control as it is at 80 & up! He has k planes however they are mounted to the outside & at the same angle as the V! I was told a short shaft, bigger K planes down towards the center & mounted flat along with an offset box will help!
    Does anybody have any input??? I am a jet guy & this is not a jet... lol Step one.. lose the 3 blade!!
    Step 2. Get a #6 drive( or comparable) before he disentigrates his Bravo which he will the first time he really lays into it eek!

h2oski2fast
    Sounds to me like the x-dimension is set too low. That boat should handle fine with a 3-blade prop. The problem stems from the drive lifting the boat too far out of the water, then it wants to roll over on to it's sides.