Thread: UCLA Football Fans

Coach
    Nanner Nanner Nanner
    SC has the #1 recruiting class in the Nation

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by Coach
    Nanner Nanner Nanner
    SC has the #1 recruiting class in the Nation

They were able to pick the kids they wanted, not much recruiting needed from what I hear

CEO
    We will get out chance to get back to the glory also, with the Basketball team. Give us a few. It took Pete Carroll a few.
    But us UCLA fans never use the "Nanner Nanner Nanner "
    very "SCish" Props to you guys on the Real Football title

JakeAisA
    Originally posted by CEO
    We will get out chance to get back to the glory also, with the Basketball team. Give us a few. It took Pete Carroll a few.
    But us UCLA fans never use the "Nanner Nanner Nanner "
    very "SCish" Props to you guys on the Real Football title
    CEO, I love your Avatar. Being an SC fan from birth, I have to say that SC is back and it's going to be very tough for UCLA to compete in Southern California for a long time to come...especially with the coach they have right now...nobody wants to play for him.
    The worst thing that ever happend to UCLA was Pete Carroll. Pete Carrol is competing with the other huge programs for nationally recognized recruits across America--how is UCLA going to compete with Carrol in Southern California. How would any UCLA convince Southern California kid and his parents, at thier kitchen table, to go to UCLA when Pete Carrol was just there the night before. The only hope UCLA has in recruiting is if Pete Carrol finds a better recruit from somewhere else in the rest of the nation to give one of his coveted scholarships to. That's the only way a kid visited by UCLA and Pete Carrol is going to wind up playing in Powder Blue instead of Cardinal and Gold.
    I'm sorry to say it to all you UCLA fans out there, but I have to be honest for there's no pulling punches in football...you're done for a long time, you may not beat USC for 10 years, the crying time has just begun so get used to it.

sandblasted
    Man, I sure enjoyed it when UCLA whipped the Trojans 8 years in a row, so I guess I just have to suck it up now that the Trojans are back on top, for awhile!!
    Regarding USC's great recruiting class. Did you read the article in the Daily News about how USC royally screwed over one of their top recruits...Kids name is Sekeli Faaeteete....They promised him a scholarship and told him he could stop visiting other schools...which he did since he was sure he was going to be a Trojan...then 5 days after he visited SC they withdrew the scholarship with only 12 days left to sign a letter of intent...The kid has been scrambling to get a scholarship and will probably end up at Cal now....It's not the sort of thing you expect from USC...
    By the way, I read that UCLA had the 15th ranked class of recruits this year, not bad for a team that stank it up pretty good last year...

JakeAisA
    Originally posted by sandblasted
    Man, I sure enjoyed it when UCLA whipped the Trojans 8 years in a row, so I guess I just have to suck it up now that the Trojans are back on top, for awhile!!
    Regarding USC's great recruiting class. Did you read the article in the Daily News about how USC royally screwed over one of their top recruits...Kids name is Sekeli Faaeteete....They promised him a scholarship and told him he could stop visiting other schools...which he did since he was sure he was going to be a Trojan...then 5 days after he visited SC they withdrew the scholarship with only 12 days left to sign a letter of intent...The kid has been scrambling to get a scholarship and will probably end up at Cal now....It's not the sort of thing you expect from USC...
    By the way, I read that UCLA had the 15th ranked class of recruits this year, not bad for a team that stank it up pretty good last year...
    But haven't three starters or backups transfer or leave too? They'll need more recruits to make up for the guys jumping ship. I don't like to see kids jumping ship, so I hope this isn't a long term phenomenom that's starting at UCLA.
    Our problem at SC, according to the story your citing, is that we don't have enough spots for all the great recruits that we're committing to us...UCLA apparently has the opposite problem--they don't have enough recruits to fill all the spots that are "de-commiting" from the team!
    Don't bring up "ole shit" man. We lost, we had our vietnam under Tolner, Smith and Hackett--and UCLA won eight in a row. But the three shalackings under Carroll have made up for those. Do you remember the shut out two years ago!!! Wow! That was embarrassing, hahahaha. Sorry, that was rude. But back to my point............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................WE'RE NATIONAL CHAMPS SO SHOW SOME RESPECT.

sandblasted
    Originally posted by JakeAisA
    CEO, I love your Avatar. Being an SC fan from birth, I have to say that SC is back and it's going to be very tough for UCLA to compete in Southern California for a long time to come...especially with the coach they have right now...nobody wants to play for him.
    The worst thing that ever happend to UCLA was Pete Carroll. Pete Carrol is competing with the other huge programs for nationally recognized recruits across America--how is UCLA going to compete with Carrol in Southern California. How would any UCLA convince Southern California kid and his parents, at thier kitchen table, to go to UCLA when Pete Carrol was just there the night before. The only hope UCLA has in recruiting is if Pete Carrol finds a better recruit from somewhere else in the rest of the nation to give one of his coveted scholarships to. That's the only way a kid visited by UCLA and Pete Carrol is going to wind up playing in Powder Blue instead of Cardinal and Gold.
    I'm sorry to say it to all you UCLA fans out there, but I have to be honest for there's no pulling punches in football...you're done for a long time, you may not beat USC for 10 years, the crying time has just begun so get used to it.
    Not so fast there Jake...I agree it may be a few years before UCLA gets back on top but not 10! ....Here's why I think you are wrong...
    Pete Carrol will ride his success at SC for another 2 or 3 years then it's back to the NFL, no matter what he says about how much he loves college football...He failed in the NFL and the lure of big money and the chance to win there will suck him back in....
    The other scenario is Norm Chow leaving...Chow is sure to get a head coaching job in College or a big money offensive co-ordinator spot in the NFL...either way SC will lose their braintrust and will be starting over again in a few years...probably at about the time UCLA 's rebuilding has reached it's peak...
    I'll be sure to gloat when it happens!

Laughlin Drunk
    I must support UCLA. Now days everything in football is "win win win." I am so proud of UCLA for taking a stand and saying that winning is second to affirmative action hiring of head coaches.
    Take a look at USC. They hire, recruit, and stand for excellence. But is that fair to those who are inferior? No. UCLA has the backbone to stand up and say “We are going to hire a coach, not based on performance, but social justice.” They have the sense of justice to hire a coach that is incapable of beating Fresno State.
    Shame on USC. They may enjoy their pursuit of excellence in the short term, but how will they sleep at night knowing that there are totally incompetent people they passed up for head coach.

Kilrtoy
    WE'LL BE BACK.

Laughlin Drunk
    Maybe... if the Pac-10 doesn't kick UCLA out and replace them with Fresno State...
    Let's be honest... UCLA hurts the strength of schedule score of every Pac-10 team.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast