Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCLA Football Fans

Lacolaw
    UCLA will be back. I have no doubt about that. It will probably take a few years.
    And to all you SC fans, enjoy it while it lasts. It was only a few years ago UCLA had the top recruiting class, a 20 game win streak and was on the verge of playing for a National championship. I believe SC was a .500 team.
    College football is very competitive. Its difficult for teams to consistantly stay on top.

JakeAisA
    Originally posted by sandblasted
    Not so fast there Jake...I agree it may be a few years before UCLA gets back on top but not 10! ....Here's why I think you are wrong...
    Pete Carrol will ride his success at SC for another 2 or 3 years then it's back to the NFL, no matter what he says about how much he loves college football...He failed in the NFL and the lure of big money and the chance to win there will suck him back in....
    The other scenario is Norm Chow leaving...Chow is sure to get a head coaching job in College or a big money offensive co-ordinator spot in the NFL...either way SC will lose their braintrust and will be starting over again in a few years...probably at about the time UCLA 's rebuilding has reached it's peak...
    I'll be sure to gloat when it happens!
    Hey UCLA fans, I feel for you...I really do. I mean, your best defense of your own program is that USC's coaches will be so successful that they'll be hired away to the NFL or another huge program. Furthermore, you're ending a horrible season and going into next season saying that in maybe 2-3 years UCLA's "rebuilding will have reached it's peak"! That's tough. It's tough to know that you're going to suck for at last three years or until Pete Carrol and Norm Chow are gone. I mean, it must be hard knowing that you're gonna be bitch slapped for 3-5 years...maby more.
    UCLA has some tough times ahead of it, some really tough times. But, it will end some day for them. There's no light at the end of the tunnel in site, the hurts just beginning. But remember...there's always basketball--hahahhaahahahahaha!

JakeAisA
    Originally posted by Lacolaw
    UCLA will be back. I have no doubt about that. It will probably take a few years.
    And to all you SC fans, enjoy it while it lasts. It was only a few years ago UCLA had the top recruiting class, a 20 game win streak and was on the verge of playing for a National championship. I believe SC was a .500 team.
    College football is very competitive. Its difficult for teams to consistantly stay on top.
    Yeah, but dude...you guys were on the "verge" of a National Championship--you didn't win one. That's what I mean by UCLA having a predisposition for losing--they don't know what winning looks like.
    Without John Wooden, UCLA is nothing. USC has dominated in moste everything it does: Football, Baseball, Track, Volleyball, Water Polo, Swimming, morality, income, business, cars, women, wives. UCLA has John Wooden and Jackie Robinson and that's basically it.
    It's okay to be an SC fan if you want to be--we know it hurts to know that at any given time you're probably going to see UCLA lose at something. Well, actually, I don't know that it hurts cuz I'm an SC fan...but I think I can imagine it...maybe.

Lacolaw
    National championships are great, but lets face it, they are few and far between. You dont have to win the national championship to have a successful football team.
    My point was things can turn around quickly. SC was in the same position as UCLA is now when they had Hackett.
    I am a diehard UCLA fan and I can admit that SC has a great team and probably will for several years. The tide will change, it always does.
    Like I said, Enjoy it while it lasts.

Kilrtoy
    Maybe... if the Pac-10 doesn't kick UCLA out and replace them with Fresno State... Let's be honest... UCLA hurts the strength of schedule score of every Pac-10 team.
    OH look another JACKASS joined the site under a fake name
    GROW A SACK OF NUTS AND POST UNDER YOUR REAL NAME LOSER.
    WHEN WE KICKED YOUR ASS JUST SHORT OF A DECADE, DID WE CALL FOR YOUR SORRY ASS LOSERS REMOVAL.
    GROW A DICK AND POST UNDER YOUR REAL NAME......
    WE ARE ONE OF THE REASONS YOU WERE IN THE NATIONAL TITLE.
    YOUR PROBABLY HAPPY ABOUT THE GAY MARRIAGE LAW.

JakeAisA
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    Maybe... if the Pac-10 doesn't kick UCLA out and replace them with Fresno State... Let's be honest... UCLA hurts the strength of schedule score of every Pac-10 team.
    OH look another JACKASS joined the site under a fake name
    GROW A SACK OF NUTS AND POST UNDER YOUR REAL NAME LOSER.
    WHEN WE KICKED YOUR ASS JUST SHORT OF A DECADE, DID WE CALL FOR YOUR SORRY ASS LOSERS REMOVAL.
    GROW A DICK AND POST UNDER YOUR REAL NAME......
    Kilrtoy...Wow! Did the Fresno State loss hurt that bad?

THOR
    Ah, not even close to the season yet and everyone is churping. First, the 'student-athletes' must pass their entrance requirements and stay eligible.
    Second, anyone remember where Bama about 2 years ago? Top in recruiting. Where are they now?
    Anyone remember the record between SC and UCLA in the 90's? I'll have to go check on this one but I believe UCLA handed SC their asses 8 times, maybe 9.
    THOR <----- loves talking shit and is never serious

JakeAisA
    Guy's this is bad news. Look at USC's recruiting class, they only have 5 two and three star recruits.
    http://usc.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...2004&School=71
    Now look at UCLA's recruiting class. They have way more two and three star recruits. UCLA has 25 two and three star recruits committed. WOW...THAT'S A LOT OF TOP PROSPECTS!
    http://ucla.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=85
    But wait, oops...I'm sorry. USC has only 5 becuase the rest are four and five star recruits...my bad. Have no worry though, UCLA has one four star guy, Brigham Harwell, a Defensive End. Maybe he can do it for the program. Sure, he's no five star recruit, but he's the best they've gotten to commit to them. He can cry like Ball did about never beating USC and wishing he were a trojan like Ball wishes he had gone to USC. Problem is though, I don't think we'll have room for him.
    Some side notes too. Look at the cities these recruits are from. Most of them are from Southern California. Dorrell doesn't have half a chance at the top Southern California prospects once Carroll makes the call. That's why USC has 8 5 star recruits committed, 7 four star recruits and only two two star recruits.
    What does this all mean? Well, it means that the guys starting for UCLA over the next few years probably aren't even good enough to run out of the tunnel at the Coliseum as a Trojan. UCLA's best probably couldn't make USC's practice squad.
    I will enjoy it, I am enjoying it.

JakeAisA
    Hey Thor, you're right about the 8 losses...but that's ancient history now. USC has since won the Orange Bowl, the Rosebowl, the National Championship, a Heisman and is currently set to win another National Championship and at least one more Heisman. When this is all said and done (say five years) USC will have more Heismans winners then any team in college History (currently tied with Ohio State) and we'll be the biggest program in the nation.
    And oh yeah, it's 5 in a row for UCLA right now? Do they really think they're gonna beat USC before we get to 8? They may not beat us for 10 years!
    Carson Palmer never lost to UCLA! Every kid that wore a uniform this year at USC...has never lost to UCLA. Pete Carrol...has never lost to UCLA. Matt Leinhart...WILL NEVER LOSE TO UCLA!

Laughlin Drunk
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    [B]Maybe... if the Pac-10 doesn't kick UCLA out and replace them with Fresno State...
    Calling USC Gay? We are not the ones wearing BABY BLUE and yellow.
    Oh, and actually you were more like one of the reasons we got punked out of the Sugar Bowl. If UCLA could have won more games than it lost, we wouldn't have to split our championship.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast