Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: How do you survive on Atkins

bigq
    I think its all been said. You are killing your body by skipping meals and cut out the beer. Sorry about your friend glad he will be ok,was it related to his diet or something else?

cigarette1
    Well, I guess you don't

Froggystyle
    Originally posted by SANGERBRU
    I don't eat brerakfast or lunch most days, but eat a hearty dinner and 8-16 buds a night, occassionally skipping a night, but making up for it later. ..
    I try and starve myself untill dinner, but start drinking beer at 4 . What can I do ? I am 42 yrs. old. 5'10 275 lbs, and strong as an Ox.
    Thanks for the Help ?
    I don't think there are a lot of nutritionists on this forum, but from a fundamental perspective, what you are doing is nearly exactly what I was doing and not losing any weight, while doing a hard 45 minutes a day of cardio as well.
    You can't skip meals. Your body saves up the energy for the meals it knows you skip. If you were going to skip any meals, make them lunch and dinner, because at least you will be metabolizing your one meal all day. By hitting dinner hard, and then crashing in an alcohol induced coma all you will do is pack on the pounds in preparation for the big marathon no-eat session the next day.
    My advice (not a professionals opinion)...
    Eat some breakfast, add some exercise, slow down dinner a little bit. This does not mean eliminate it or cut it down to rabbit food, but just don't eat everything on your plate. The second you feel satisfied, stop eating. No desert, or just a couple bites.
    Switch to Miller lite, and cut back on those too for a little while. See where it gets you. Alcohol is a well known weight loss inhibitor because while in your bloodstream it is the preferred choice of energy for your body, and your body will switch from any fat burning you are doing to running on alcohol.
    I am a big zero carb diet fan, but you should investigate the options, and do what is best for you.
    Best of luck!!!

HammerDown
    Things are starting to happen. Better sleep at night, more awake in the morning, no hunger pangs at all, I almost have to force myself to eat....almost time to dig out those size 31 Jeans from the back of the closet...ok, not really

SANGERBRU
    Thanks Froggy and Bigg, I am starting today. Miller lite hear I come.

Jetdriver
    hey boozer, is the diet working for ya?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011