Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: commander owners

plumb crazy
    I was at the L.A. boat show and the commander 26 sig. was a great looking boat. Before I put the money down on the boat ,how are Commander boats. Are they worth the money are should I look at another boat builder.Commander says that boat will run 65 to 70 mph. Is this true.Is the 26 signature a good boat to take to catalina. Let me know all the good and bad about the commander. Does the boat give a good ride in rough water. I guss I want to know everthing their is about the Commander.

OGShocker
    Are you really asking a serious question? If so, follow the advice of another member here. Do a Hot Boat Forums seach for Commander and read read read! You won't find me flaming anyones boats.
    If you are looking for a nice 27'.... Let me know..

carbonmarine
    26 ft Commander to Catalina....... Dude, Save yourself and your family. Apperently you have no clue what you are about to get into... Take the Catalina Express....
    Youd need a 28 + deep V ... Look for a nice used offshore boat.....There are a ton out there 5 years old plus that I would rather have than a new Commander..... Save you time, money and grief....
    Rick32

THOR
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    Are you really asking a serious question? If so, follow the advice of another member here. Do a Hot Boat Forums seach for Commander and read read read! You won't find me flaming anyones boats.
    If you are looking for a nice 27'.... Let me know..
    I thought you already sold the 27' OG.

Freak
    If you can look past way to much of a single color this is a great deal insted of a commander. http://home.earthlink.net/~ronlat/

beer hunter
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    26 ft Commander to Catalina....... Dude, Save yourself and your family. Apperently you have no clue what you are about to get into... Take the Catalina Express....
    Youd need a 28 + deep V ... Look for a nice used offshore boat.....There are a ton out there 5 years old plus that I would rather have than a new Commander..... Save you time, money and grief....
    Rick32
    What?????????????? Myself and many others from the forums have taken our boats to Catalina, and most are less than 28'
    While I am no fan of the 26' Signature, the boat is more than capable of making the crossing on most days

carbonmarine
    Suit yourself bro, not fun........I guess you always have the coasties to the rescue...
    Rick32

beer hunter
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    Suit yourself bro, not fun........I guess you always have the coasties to the rescue...
    Rick32
    So your idea of fun is taking the Catalina Express No thanks..... I'll wave at ya when I fly by at 60+

carbonmarine
    Wearing ski jackets as life preservers for the ocean & The kids in the open bow too I suppose ......I am done with this convo, some people you just cant reach....
    Rick32

Chris Winn
    there are a ton of boat out there, we made a run in a 23 essex last year! i will say that towards the end of the day we decided to stay the night (our wifes will never know the real reason!). there are some good choices in the 26ft (the smallest safe size (IMHO)). i used to have a 25ft Baja- and it was more than capable.
    what you need to consider is the deadrise and weight of the boat, this will detirmine its entry into the water and how it will handle (there are many more things but these are important)
    i really do like the Dana boats- they make an excellent choice for the money (i have not yet ridden in one) but the support the boart has shown would mean alot when service needs come about.
    i looked at the 26ft commander, and all i can say is that i was warned by many not to go any further than looking. IMO i felt that they were nice people (i had met with Sy's son several times), but i had heard of too many horror storys.
    i ended up buying the 29ft Magic (spent more, but you really need to buy something that you will be both PROUD of adn HAPPY with long term, most of us cannot sell boats on a whim and buy new ones.
    good luck in your search, but stay larger than 25ft.
    here is my new Magic

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast