Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: commander owners

OGShocker
    Will do!

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by Wicky
    Made it to Catalina over 200 times in a 17 foot Boston Whaler Montauk. Over 150 times to San Clemente Island in a 22' Outrage Whaler. San Nicholas Island only half dozen or so trips. Twice to the Cortez Bank looking for Bluefin.
    Ask Commander if there boats will do that and you will have your answer Glasshoppa. No fun sinking in the middle of the channel.
    The 22' Whaler would hit 52 knots btw top speed.
    Thought I'd share,
    Wicky
    I am a huge fan of go fast hot boats, but to be honest ,you are safer in that whaler than you are in most of the big go fasts even the 28ft+ sized one's. Whalers are made for the ocean. The bottom of the ocean off the coast of fla is full of offshore performance boats that lost power and took waves over the stern and sunk like rocks. This won't happen in a Whaler. When I was a kid we had a 20 ft Gulfstream that was a nice boat to take to Catalina on a good day. On a bad day none of the boats most of us have on this forum are apropo.....

Ducatista
    Hey Plumb, I went to the Islands(Catalina, Santa Cruz)for 7 years in a Four Winns 20.5 Sundowner Cudy for Scuba Diving. No problem if you choose your weather/conditions wisely, and have approppriate safety, navigation and communication equipt on board.(and know how to use them) Remember, if your going to do the offshore stuff alot, bigger is better and lots of freeboard is good! Cudys are better/safer, think redundancy in your systems... there are alot of custom lake boats that really should stay on the lake because of their low profile. But on a good day, hell you can take just about anything out if your are carefull. The problem is, it can be nice in the morn, but the wind will pickup in the afternoon and next thing you know, your white knuckling it back in a small craft advisory! Our Four Winns had a camper canvas that allowed us to button it up for the occasional nasty ride back, otherwise you will be a" tad" wet in boats like the 26. So pick your boat carefully depending on where you plan to boat the most. A membership to a tow service is a good thing to have, just a couple of thought for ya, have fun. good luck in your boat quest...

plumb crazy
    I did a fourm search no real pros and cons on the commander boats. But what i see so far is the commander is not the way to go. It seems like their are a lot of un happy commander owners?

Chris Winn
    hey plum,
    i replied to your PM let me knwo if you got it

Sandbar Mike
    Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
    Hey Plumb Crazy, how much did they want for that 26' Signature ? I own a 26' Signature now (for sale), and trust me Bro, you gotta be PLUMB CRAZY to buy a Commander ! I dunno what the hell I was thinkin' but we all learn from our mistakes. The one thing I really love about my boat out on the water, it floats ! Other than that, forget it ! It rides like pure shit in any kinda chop...I despise even taking it out to Havasu because of the ride. As for that boat doing 65-70...maybe on the trailer being towed ! Commander's customer service dept sucks, I think you would have better luck taking the boat to your local Wal-Mart Automotive Service for repairs. Commander keeps the boat for several weeks, then when you go pick it up, you wait 3-4 hours so they can finish all the shit they forgot to do. And that's after they throw all of your shit (coolers, life jackets, etc) out of the boat and lose it. I am speaking from experience. I swear, many times I've had an inclination to ram the boat and trailer right thru that little shitbox of an office in Perris. But hey, I'm not bitter ! All I can say is, that if you like having smoke blown up your ass, being lied to, wasting your money, and driving out to Perris after each outing with your boat....buy a Commander !! Save your money and time Bro, look elsewhere. I know alot of you don't appreciate us putting down other boat manufactureres, but I'm speaking from experience, and I would hate to see another member get screwed by Commander, as many already have. Until Commander decides to oull their head outta their ass and take care of their customers, we should all boycott them and never step foot on their lot again !! By the way, I'm selling stickers of that little kid pissing on the Commander name...I should be a millionaire in just a few weeks ! So that's my $.02 on Commander, and it was even "sugar coated" this time !!
    Hey Jeff,
    I agree with you, and aslo feel bad for you. A friend of mine last season purchased a 26 signature, I know, I tried to warn him. It cost him $65K He loved it at first until he got into 2-3 chop, He said if you would hit any cross chop the boat would violently pitch back and forth, chine walk real bad I gess. He ended up hitting some real bad 2' chop and lost somebody out of the boat last season.
    Does your 26 react to small cross chop like his?

THATJEFFGUY
    SB Mike - Yep mine does the same thing, and the more people I have on the boat, the worse it gets ! With a full tank, 4 people, and a couple coolers full of silvers, I can't even get the damn nose down unless the water's completely glass. I'm sure I'm not the only Commander owner with this problem.

plumb crazy
    chris winn i got your p.m. thanks a lot i have been to the magic site and i like what i see on the used boats.

Chris Winn
    plum-
    i glad you like what they have, they do build a great boat! as soon as mine is done, i'm more than happy to take you for a ride in Havasu, you buy the drinks afterwards!

25 Eagle
    I was on a guys 26 Commander last year and he had some stories to tell. Screws though the bottom when they mounted something [forgot what] and dragging his outdrive all the way to the lake when a hose let go. This was a new boat. I don't know if he was more pissed at Commander or everybody that passed him on the road and didn't tell him that the drive was a draggin. Think I would pass on that co.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast