Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Shasta Cat Attack

HP350SC
    Jackpunx- Did you stomp any Outboards at BBSP?
    Thats great Racer52's boat is on the water. Wonder if he ever put in that valve to relieve block pressure?
    What do you think is up with your boat fouling plugs?
    My heads are off right now, waiting for springs and retainers. Should be back together this weekend. I noticed my cylinders run rich in the rear and progressively leaner up front. Probably due to the way the blower/intake disrtibutes fuel. Is it your rear cylinders fouling plugs?

jackpunx
    Well.. I didn’t really see much stomping going on.. I took a run with a few people in the boat.. full tanks and a cooler.. buzzed the spot a couple time a little over 100mph.. but the boat was running like shit..Acctually .. not sure what the guys name was.. but he had a mach22 with twin 2.5’s.. we raced down the river and I spanked his ass.. Either he got scared or ran out of prop.. but it was a quick SOB..I still have the stock ignition.. Im putting in MSD this week.. And a bunch of maint.. Especially after that shallow water at speed alley.. Putting in a new impeller. .. and some other stuff.. when its running a better.. I’m going to run some hotter gas and a different pulley. just for kicks.. I don’t want to take away the reliability factor.. but would like to go a little faster

Boatmaster
    I was in that white DCB with the twins! I don't know about the outcome though :wink: !

HP350SC
    ......so what was the outcome? Don't worry Mark, I'll take care of the "light duty" work LOL. Seriously though, dual strap-ons have to accelerate hard having 2 props to bite. Thought top speed was 117ish on the DCB?

jackpunx
    LOL.. I was just talking shit.. I dont know what the outcome was.(other then that I passed him before I let off). there was a little to much traffic on the river to go to fast.. But I do know I had a great time running with him.. that boat getts real light.. But I think I could have taken him...lol

RACER52
    hp350=
    the water hose blew off on my first real speed run. guess i need to dbl hose clamp the intake. figures??? only 2 rubber hoses on my entire plumbing system and one blew off. The block pressure never read over 15-20. most of the time to low for me. I think I recessed tghe thru holes to far. But still never got any water temp. and oil was at 180-190 all week. I think I'll be ok on the block pressure, we never saw a spike over 20.
    The pick ups are in the outer sponsons and only spike when in a slight turn.
    After tightening the hose back up never had another problem. maybe it wasnt tight to begin,
    you know since no last minute thrashing went on to get to havasu
    Racer

HP350SC
    Racer- Make sure you have adequate volume to the block, maybe that's why water pressure was reading low? My intercooler pickup is pretty low in the water and kicks up lots of water, haven't figured out how to accurately trim it to right length. I could trim a little off at a time, but if I go too short, then... My block pressure (with the low water pickup on the outrive) starts dumping around 70mph at 25lbs. Quite a bit pukes out at 100+.
    Hulshot is getting high teens? Cliff should be able to cover that That should put him deep into the 120's with nitrous. That's great! Every year I guess we'll have to add 10mph to the status quo
    Got my valve springs from Summit today, retainers and locks should be tomorrow. Also waiting for my crossover to come back from Whipple. There is no way I was going to run as cold as it was set up. I'm using my original brass tee with the spring loaded check balls, along with a 120 deg. t-stat to reroute hoses back up to the exhaust manifolds.
    Anybody heard from Rock-it Man??

RACER52
    hp350=yes i will probably weld a little extension on the pick=ups. Right now they are flush mounted with the hull. and ground out an 8" ramp into the pick ups. Like on the DCB's. The block pressure appears good and I definatley dont have to worry about reliefs at this point.
    Cant complain, ran 10-13lbs boost for 11 days so far. All looks good. Cant wait gto get another 1300rpms out of her. I think by shasta I should be into the teens without nos too!
    RIM came over and visited us at our Rv and gave the skinny.
    Poor guy, broke another drive getting up on plane approx. 2200 rpms.
    the worst parts was it was friday before the poker run. He said the boat is for sale and he is ordering a new 26 with a #6 drive. We'll see.
    Racer

HP350SC
    Oh man that is really shitty about RIM. 26 with a 6, that sounds more like it. He can put a smaller motor in his Elim. and sell it as it sits, and put the quad rotor in the new boat. He has dealt with an awful lot of disappointments after spending all that money. The speed record he has tried to reach has put him past the threshold of practicality with a single engine boat. Actually Merc. only rates the #6 at 1000hp although they seem to hold up.

RACER52
    you know were talkin about rocket mouth(hehehe) and he explained the boat would be sold complete and the new one would be more like sterling 2000hp ??????
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$
    talks, and it apears he has it
    he did say the boat would only be a 100mph boat for the cat attack.
    I doubt it, he wouldnt let my little 454 beat him:yuk:
    racer

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425