Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reality check list for teenagers

RitcheyRch
    My Daughter is 16 and does the same thing.
    I have 2 teenage daughters (15 and 17) and you have no idea how much of that is soooooo f%#*ing true! Try having a discussion with your daughter, have her curse at you, and then when you inform her if she ever addresses you like that again you will slap her face.......only to hear your daughter threaten you by telling you "if you ever touch her, she will call CPS and let them know how long you have been abusing her!"
    WTF? I don't know when the world took a left turn, but both of these girls were model students all the way through middle school. I don't know what happened, but I do know that if I would have cursed at my dad, I would have been going to school the next day with a hole in my smile!

3 daytona`s
    I`m playing devils advocate on this one,The saddest statement I ever heard was a young girl having a public argument with her mother saying I Never Asked To Be Born.Parent both working to buy boats,cars,lifted carts,now not good enough need a lifted Rhino. A newer boat now, A new house, A house in Havasau.The newest,latest.best. The stress,pressure to keep juggling everything now when with a turn down everyone is on edge. The fact of children swearing at or in their parents presence that is your fault for ever letting that start.Families sitting down for an evening meal turn off TV and asking everyone how their day was etc. I have read countless threads on here about how society has gone down the tube,it all begins with FAMILY. A very wise man told me years ago the children can learn at home,or they will learn at school,in the military, or in PRISON. I`m not judging any one on here, but look at the kids side the pressure on them I would not trade for anything even with all the wonderful advancements in our life.

slowinhavasu
    I'm no poster parent by any means.....
    That's not fair ......Reply.....lifes not fair , get over it .....
    Call the feds...Reply...If I'm going to jail, I will beat you by the time they get here...
    I take a lot of pride in talking to my kids like adults sense they were kids...I do have a habit of dealing with them like a business problem...
    I D the problem, find out how to fix it, execute salution.....
    Honesty is another big issue NEVER lie to me and I'll back you 100%, be it at school or other wise.....
    I worked for the school district when we first moved here, the kids have no respect....In most cases it's the parents, lack of parenting...
    My other big issue, I'm your parent , not your friend...that's comes after you move out..... Take care all.......love your kids....

ThongMagnet
    There are ways to get even with your kids when they act up. Just don't let them know your getting even.
    Pretend you lost your job, and you have no more money. Tell them they need to help out, and you found them a job at burger king.
    Next time you go shopping, don't by anything they like to eat.
    Flush the toilet every time they take a shower. (You can do this every day).
    Don't wash their favorite clothes (leave them in the clothes hamper, and say you forgot)
    Replace their nice pillows with hard lumpy pillows...don't let them know you did this.
    When they get older, let them know what you did :idea:
    Get the point...Just don't let them know you are punishing them.

slink
    I was actually going to start a similar thread untill I saw this. 14 yr old step son (dad is not in the picture) was asking me what is "Homecoming" in HS. I proceed to tell him. The following week, his Mom tells me that he asked a girl to Homecoming dance. No BFD. So I asked him if he had called the girl's father to introduce himself, since he will be taking his daughter out. He say's, "We don't do that these days". I said, "What, show respect?"(BTW, my old man made me call ever girl's dad in HS before we went out). I kinda let it slide, but will probably make him do it. Then he proceeds to tell me they are taking a limo. Cool, who's paying. "We are splitting it". Where is your $$ coming from. Of course, "You". Fast forward to this weekend. Got called out Thursday/Friday, so I'm dead tired to do some much needed yard work(weeds) on 1/2 acre. I make short talk w/ him that it is a good way to earn some $$. No response. So I end up calling a day laborer that has done work for me in the past. Bust his azz for 8 hours and walks away with some $$$. The whole time my step son doesn't offer to help. After he is done, I asked my step son if his date likes Hispanic day laborers. He says, "I don't get it". I replied, "Maybe your date can roll w/ Pedro since he has the limo money". Boy was he pissed. I told him maybe he could roll up on his bike, But I'll be damned if he ain't gonna earn it.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Damn, I can't even imagine that. You should have said" you're right. I am a bad parent." Then dial the CPS number and hand her the phone. Tell her to pack up all of HER belongings and spend a few nights at the CPS shelter. No more phone, TV, nice boat vacations or good food. Most likely she'll change her tune. A friend of mine's son told her that the household rules were B.S. one day and she told him with a straight face that they were going to the courthouse first thing in the morning to get him emanicipated since he wanted to make his own rules. He straightened up in a hurry!
    Yep, only way to deal with them when they get "uppity" and decide to pull the "trump card" of a CPS call, is send them to CPS. Call the bluff, and don't hesitate one instant longer than it takes to locate the phone number. Give them the number (and the phone), dial the phone for them, whatever gets it through to them that YOU are in charge and will not be bullied by some child's BS.
    That's a great list FM, Thx.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Thanks, FM. Our daughter turns 14 in 7 days. I'll slip this in her b-day card

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Yep, only way to deal with them when they get "uppity" and decide to pull the "trump card" of a CPS call, is send them to CPS. Call the bluff, and don't hesitate one instant longer than it takes to locate the phone number. Give them the number (and the phone), dial the phone for them, whatever gets it through to them that YOU are in charge and will not be bullied by some child's BS.
    That's a great list FM, Thx.
    That reminds me of a story. Does anyone remember when the kid in Florida divorced his parents about 7-8 years ago? My daughter was about 6 or 7 and we were in the car driving along and I was on her case about something. She said, "I heard there's a boy who the judge said could get a new mom and dad if he wanted to." Without hesitation, I SLAMMED on the breaks and told her if she wanted a new mom and dad she could just open that door and get out of the car to go find one." She was so shocked she almost started crying (for a split second I felt bad, but I got over it ). Then said that she was only saying what she had heard. That was the end of that crap.
    Another year or two, I'll probably be wishing she took me up one it. :argue:
    Honestly, she's a great kid. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Throttle
    too late to pass any of this info on to my 17 year old daughter... she already knows it all!

ratso
    I lucked out with one child... about to be 24.
    Hopefully my grandson will turn out just as well...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast