Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We bought a new boat at the Boat Show...

rrrr
    Me and Mrs. rrrr decided to upgrade this year after all. A buddy of mine offered me $3K over book value for my present bowrider so we went to the boat show to look.
    We are friends of a family that owns a dealership here in Plano, they are the Chapparal reps. We got a boomer deal and it's a really nice boat. Decided to go with the 496 Mag, the HO upgrade seemed like too much money for 50 HP.
    We talked about getting a custom like an Eliminator, but we use this boat for a lot of family type stuff so a production bowrider just works better. Besides, I have a V drive if we wanna go fast.
    Can't wait for it to get here. Gonna be the end of April or thereabouts.
    http://www.chaparralboats.com/images...to_ssi_f05.jpg

dimarcobros
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!
    DMB

Screaming Pete
    Congrats, I think they make one heck of a production boat and many of thier parts like seats are even better than some customs. I 've been looking at the deck boat model of the same size, power and manufacture, would you mind pm me with the details.? with the merc power. did you get a 5 or 6 yr warrenty?
    pete

HighRoller
    HEY! Don't you know this site is called HOT Boat? RunaboutBoat.com is the next door to the left...

mirvin
    All I can say is, sometimes it's nice to be able to sit behind a windshield
    That thing looks pretty nice. Chappy makes a good boat. Does that one have the seats that convert for fishing? Those are fun too.
    Mirvin

Ducatista
    Alot of my friends have Chapparal's.....good way to go. Thats a pretty big ride....I'm sure you will love it. Nice choice...congrats

Hermosa
    Originally posted by Screaming Pete
    Congrats, I think they make one heck of a production boat and many of thier parts like seats are even better than some customs. I 've been looking at the deck boat model of the same size, power and manufacture, would you mind pm me with the details.? with the merc power. did you get a 5 or 6 yr warrenty?
    pete
    Screaming Pete, I sent you a PM...

Screaming Pete
    Thanks for the info

riverracerx
    Is that hole in the back under the sunpad a walk-thru to the swim step? That's cool! Nice looking boat. Has a ton of room. Like a floating family room!

FastTimmy
    Decided to go with the 496 Mag, the HO upgrade seemed like too much money for 50 HP.
    Just remember that it is not just 50hp. With the mag you can not put any boost or upgrades to it but with the HO you can you boost it up or and some mods. So your realy paying for the ability to add HP not the 50hp extra you get..
    Just my .02
    Timmy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast