Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We bought a new boat at the Boat Show...

MRS FLYIN VEE
    LMAO!! Ratso.. I new someone would catch that.. I was checking out the swim step , it looks big enough to do well you know what on, and either one of you wouldn't fall off, just get a little wet. Yee-hawwwwww..
    I do like it though it is a cool boat..

LUVNLIFE
    Originally posted by mirvin
    All I can say is, sometimes it's nice to be able to sit behind a windshield
    That thing looks pretty nice. Chappy makes a good boat. Does that one have the seats that convert for fishing? Those are fun too.
    Mirvin

I know what I would use those seats for to make them fun

dicudmore
    congratulations. Chaparral does build great boats. You guys will love it

CEO
    My buddy bought one a few months ago, it's a Chapperal but it doesn't have the windsheilds. Same size. One thing that was awesome on that boat, the massive amounts of Icechests, the best one is in the sink, it holds 30 cold ones I think. Congrats on the rig.

rrrr
    Originally posted by burbanite
    Yes it is. I have spent some quality time aboard the closed bow version of one of these when mine couldn't handle the conditions (which is a lot of the time ), great boats, lots of good features.
    Congratulations rrrr (and I forgive the 465 comment... )
    Burb! Been so long since you were around I thought you went back to Merrye Olde England. Ready to go racin'? We are still digging in the sofa cushions for money.....
    Thanks for the compliments, everyone. We are really excited about getting a new toy. The boat has cool stuff like a 10 disc changer, porcelain pump out head, and built in insulated ice chests everywhere. The front seats have a flip up bolster kinda thing that is really nice. I always have to stand up in our present boat to watch traffic so I'm gonna like that a lot.
    It has switchable exhaust so that'll be neat to play with.
    Woohoo!!!!

burbanite
    Originally posted by rrrr
    Burb! Been so long since you were around I thought you went back to Merrye Olde England. Ready to go racin'? We are still digging in the sofa cushions for money.....
    Hey Ron,
    I did go back to Little Old New Zealand over Christmas...summertime
    I don't know why you guys are slacking, we've had our first race already , finished a storming 10th in the Daytona 24 hour :frown:
    Car was ok, filled up with water during the night and couldn't see, wiper pitched, de-mister pitched, had to cut holes all over the bodywork to try to evacuate the air - to no avail.
    Changed a splitter/rad back at the garage then a heat exchanger, lost 30 laps
    Keep searching, there's money out there somewhere.

mirvin
    Hey burbanite, I dig your sig. It's a shame that I have to risk becoming a felon everytime I leave the house

burbanite
    Yep,
    here in Indiana we are are CCW enabled.......and I'm fighting for the end of the "assault weapons" (parenthesis intentional) ban.

mirvin
    The funny thing in CA is that the lawmakers (most of which hold a CCW) wrote a secret little paragraph into the section pertaining to illegal carry that says if it's your first offence, it's a misdameanor
    At least I got something to look forward too.
    Officially we're supposed to be able to file with the local PD but when you ask them for the paperwork they won't even give it to you!!
    rrrrr, sorry about the hightjack.
    Mirvin

rrrr
    Originally posted by burbanite
    Hey Ron,
    I did go back to Little Old New Zealand over Christmas...summertime
    I don't know why you guys are slacking, we've had our first race already , finished a storming 10th in the Daytona 24 hour :frown:
    Car was ok, filled up with water during the night and couldn't see, wiper pitched, de-mister pitched, had to cut holes all over the bodywork to try to evacuate the air - to no avail.
    Changed a splitter/rad back at the garage then a heat exchanger, lost 30 laps
    Keep searching, there's money out there somewhere.
    Ah, I keep confusing me Brits and Kiwis. A few of my USAC friends were down running midgets and sprints over Christmas. After reading the coverage in NSSN it appears that there was quite a bit of racing going on. I think one midget race paid $50K.
    Man, the greenhouse on the DP car looked like the inside of my shower on a cold morning. Must have been miserable.
    Are you guys gonna run the DP car out of the shop in Indy? Nothing like a bit more work, eh?
    I think you got a couple of winners in Scott and Max. Both of 'em are consumate professionals and favorites of mine.
    We are going to be testing at PIR next week. Missed the Florida test, the car got back from getting the update kit at G Force too late to go. All the big bully teams were in line in front of us. :wink:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast