Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Access Technologies Sony Marine Remote

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by welk2party
    Everyone seems to have their remotes working fine. I have one on my transom and it has never worked. In fact, I ended up unplugging it all together. It totally prevented my head unit from working at all at one point.

Sounds like the problem I had with my Sony. My head unit didn't work until I unplugged remote. The remote was bad and once I got a new one it was all good.

mbrown2
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    The round Sony remote is a standard Gauge size so you could get a bezel for it. I seem to remember Cat and Mice having it in his boat.
    I was thinking about the oval Access remote....I was thinking someone made a bezel for it.

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    I was thinking about the oval Access remote....I was thinking someone made a bezel for it.
    I see said the blind man

TOBTEK
    the oval bezel never made its way to my boat....guess dana didn't want to make it afterall....maybe its still on back order (about a year ) would really like to have it.......OR, maybe I will just sell the whole boat (never gets used anyway)

h2oski2fast
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    Anyone know if Dana, Rex, or anyone makes billet bezels for the Sony round remote and the oval Access Tech remote?
    I took and messured the Sony piece, then ordered and bezzel that was real close. I mounted the Sony remote then, used Tesa 2 sided tape and taped the bezel to the dash. After to years, it's still there and looks like it was made to be there.

Ivan Dan
    Do the Access Technologies remotes work with any head unit? Say Alpine? ROZ any idea?

ROZ
    Originally posted by Ivan Dan
    Do the Access Technologies remotes work with any head unit? Say Alpine? ROZ any idea?
    They have a dealio with a PAC IR repeating module that will allow it to work with an Alpine, but you have to put the IR Flasher right onto the IR sensor on the headunit's faceplate. If you have it even a short distance away it won't work because of direct sunlight... If your deck and IR flasher are mounted in a shaded area, you shouldn't have to mount the IR on the faceplate...
    IR remotes and sunlight don't mix very well...

ROZ
    Originally posted by BOBALOO
    I doubt that there is someone making bezels but let us know if you find some.
    Word on the street is that someone may have one for sale here pretty soon...

RobR.
    If they do make them I would be interested in 3 of them.

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by ROZ
    Word on the street is that someone may have one for sale here pretty soon...
    Spill the beans stereo boy!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast