Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell me on a v-drive

Fiat48
    Rough Ridin', Ill handlin, Vibratin, Noisy,Uncomfortable,Peddle pushin, constant tinkerin damn things!!!
    But they do have their moments.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    The v-drive has a more precise feel. Not just throttle but handling (hydros being the exception).
    The jets I've driven, initially seem to take off like a car with a stall converter (not necessarily a bad thing) just feels like its slippin at first.
    I haven't driven a jet that gave me the "on rails" feeling you get from a nicely set up v-drive. I know those jet sprint boats, that race the rivers up north and down-under definately handle awesome... I wouldn't mind trying out one of those!
    If your main objective is haulin your buds (at the same time) with a cooler and a stereo, go with a V-drive cruiser. The traditional twin turbo Schiada, Hallet or Grand National Rayson craft is tough to beat.
    If you don't want to pony up that kind of money, stay with a jet cruiser.
    Just my 02 cents
    Jerry

Cas,
    I would be happy to take you for a leisurely ride in a flatbottom. You could go ahead and drive it if you like. You should be able to make an educated observation as to the pros and cons of the jet vs v-drive

77charger
    how about cruising a good speed and a low rpm= better mpg
    Go faster on less hp
    I always had a jet and finally got it to work pretty good after having mpd redo the whole thing sold it a year later and bought an eliminator 21 with an i/o w/350mag 270 hp it will do 60mph on a good day but pull 58 anytime
    Also got the opurtunity to race a flatbottom now this thing is a blast can turn better than my old jet and is ablast to drive.I took it out last oct to learn to drive it(to havasu for a weekend and got lots of smooth water) after that my boss took me out to see how i can drive he had hope for me so he had a faster motor built we started racin in may and are now racing full time got 5 wins in the 9.50 bracket with it last year

Jake W
    Cas ,Bro you must be board to ask such a crazy question.
    V Drive flats and runner bottoms are cool as can be but a cruzer you might as well get some Depends and Jeratol.
    Jake:smilespi: :smilespi:

Kindsvater Flat
    Originally posted by Jetboatguru
    Cas,
    I would be happy to take you for a leisurely ride in a flatbottom. You could go ahead and drive it if you like. You should be able to make an educated observation as to the pros and cons of the jet vs v-drive
    If and just if you went on a leisurely ride in Tony's lake boat you would definately like it. Now if its a hammer down ride you better hold on tight!!

ACCEPTENCE
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    Rough Ridin', Ill handlin, Vibratin, Noisy,Uncomfortable,Peddle pushin, constant tinkerin damn things!!!
    I agree with all ^^^^^^ that.
    ...and ththeir better moments are when their broken in the garage

rrrr
    LOL, this accurately describes my experience so far. But you forgot my favorite, facial skin flapping in the wind.....
    Looks like those old school test pilots on rocket sleds.

dossangers
    But they do have their moments. Its kinda like crack'in that first BEER when you arrive at the RIVER or makin that early morn'in 120 + pass or snuggling up to that warm furry i wont go there you get the PICTURE!!!!!

SANGER-RICH
    Originally posted by rrrr
    LOL, this accurately describes my experience so far. But you forgot my favorite, facial skin flapping in the wind.....
    Looks like those old school test pilots on rocket sleds.
    At what speed does the facial skin flapping start?????

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast