Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 inch exhaust tips, to flap or not ?

Bryan Rose
    Getting ready to install my new lightning headers next week and need to order up some 4 inch tips, My question is, do I need the flaps in them or not? Jan at lightning told not to worry that I do not need them , the angle on the headers will be a good enough trap. Is this correct ? should I or shoud'nt I , that is the question. What are all of you guys with through transom headers doing about tips?
    these damn tips are pricy....both kinds. give me some suggestions here .....would also liike to be able to put silencers in at a future date...
    Anyone
    Thanks
    Bryan

Jetmugg
    Buy the best, and only cry once. I'm not sure what the best tips are for your application, but I'd say don't be tempted by the cheap stuff.
    SteveM

Bryan Rose
    Application is for the jet above or below....
    Bryan

hack job
    i would go with the flappers they are nice. ( they keep you from having to worry)

Mopar426
    I purchased a new set last year. Mine are polished stainless with the new anti-burn lifetime flappers. I raised my exhaust up from waterline to about a foot off the water. I asked that same question because I had lots of freeboard, but the end result was why take chances, the flappers didn't restrict flow, so I went with flappers.

Jbb
    Why risk it?....I use the Tips from Rex with the lifetime flapper in it ...Beautiful and very functional....and they are not as expensive as water reversion....

Bryan Rose
    Good point on that one , this is pretty much what I had thought , just nice to make sure, Any ideas on what looks the best on a low profile jet , Some pic's if you have em would be nice.
    Bryan

Originally posted by Bryan Rose
    Good point on that one , this is pretty much what I had thought , just nice to make sure, Any ideas on what looks the best on a low profile jet , Some pic's if you have em would be nice.
    Bryan
    I'd use a short tip on the small boat Bryan, they just seem to look better. Something like the SST175 probably. (http://www.rexmar.com/page230.html) We have new silencers coming too that will be "direct bolt-on" replacements for our (and most other) tips. Legal on noise, no power loss, no bullshit claims, easy install.
    btw as an added note, the new silencers "will include" the Superflapper too as part of the silencer assembly. They probably don't need it but they definately don't hurt anything, don't use any power, don't break, and satisfy many manufacturers warranty concerns.

spectra75
    Hey Rexone,
    Do you have those tips in a 3" angle cut? How much?
    You probably get this asked alot but when is your catalog getting out?
    Sorry to jack this thread!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast