Thread: Detonation incident ???

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Mopar426
    Had a similar problem, ...
    Mopar 426 FYI:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2458989258
    LO

b's sanger
    Thanx Lakes, I'm hoping it's OK, but I am still going to check with the scope. There were no pieces missing off the plug, just the collapsed electrode and it only happened once. Put 92 oct back in it and we were back up into the 70's with no problem a week later.

gnarley
    I've seen a cheap bore scope at harbor freight for about $150, from what I remember thats cheap & you can return it within 30 days for money back. I have no idea of the quality but if it works what the heck, it isn't like you are going to use it for a living.

Just Tool'n
    I can get a boreoscope, that is flexable for a fairly reasonable price. I need to check availability. I think they even make a 90 degree atachment to go on it. PM if you are interested.
    Harbor freight stuff is not that great of quality!

Certified Mercury Marine
    I had an incident where bad gas caused my #8 cylinder to detonate in my BBF. This collapsed my plug electrode and I had to limp in. I later did a compression check which showed about 130psi with the rest of the cylinders showing between 130 and 135psi. I ran the boat a couple of weeks later and it ran fine. My question is should I be looking any deeper for possible damage to this cylinder, and if so what should I be looking for.
    Any help would be great Thanx.
    Pray is what you need to do now. Damage to the ring lands,top of the piston and cyl walls are very likely.

When I Blew My Last Motor Up(ping). It Was Obvious It Ate A Hole Between 5+7 The Size Of My Index Finger. But What I Was Going To Say Is In 2 Other Cylinders It Lifted A Couple Of Rings. I Don't Know That You Could See That With A Bore Scope? (could You)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12