Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMMmmmmMMmmmmm one big fish..

lynden
    Dad and me have been noodling since I was like 5, and he did it many years before that. Those huge bitches are some good eatin! Nothin like a 100 pound cat clampin down on your ass!!

DAB
    Originally posted by PACKINAIR
    call me dumb (not being from "the waterboy area" but don't catfish have stingers? that thing would hurt like hell.... also call me a puss but there is no way in hell I would let that bastard suck my arm (or anything elso)
    The "stingers" are bones that run through the front fin...

HOSS
    and the dorsal. Like a spine of a pocupine.
    I really don`t like `em when they get that big. Cypress cats taste better. Bar-B-Que Redfish is where its at. And I can eat specs forever. Fried with yellow mustard in the batter.

Wet1
    Originally posted by DAB
    The "stingers" are bones that run through the front fin...
    So they can "sting" you? Is it serious ? Do all catfish "sting"? I thought they were pretty much harmless???
    Anyone that sticks their arm down the mouth of something that big is a crazy SOB!

HOSS
    Its just like a needle. If you step on one with the doesal up then yeah, you get stung or really stuck.The way you remove a hook from its mouth is put the dorsalfin in between your index and bird finger, left fin between thumb and index(in the web) and right fin between your bird finger and ring finger. Presto you got `em. Hard heads you just smack int he skull with a hammer. More fins and more poison. Funny thing is if you do get stung use the slime of a cats belly for the wound. Deadens the pain.

Slick
    All three of the fish pictured are Wels Catfish. They can be found throughout Europe. I'm assuming they were caught on rod and reel as noodling is only leagal in four states in the US, not in Europe. It's said the Wels Catfish can get as big as a White Shark.

Chase
    That is what we use for bait here in Canada...

BadassBry
    Didnt i see that fish i the movie "Big Fish"? It must be its stunt double haha

WetWillie
    Anyone see the discovery show that shows the tribe men doing that same thing with an Anaconda snake?? In order to become a man "per say" You must rap your leg or arm in Banana leaves and coat it with pigs blood. You then stick your chosen limb in a known cave or hole that has a snake in it and let the snake consume your limb. The tribe then pulls you out with the snake attached!!! The show I saw had a 30ft anaconda they were pulling out of the hole!!
    No fricking way. You can call me a boy forever!
    WW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12