Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mach 22 prop selection

TRIMDOG
    A mach 22 with a 26 bravo w/ hub holes is a great all round setup on a single 300x. I've run mine with other "speed" props(cleaver and chopper -28 3-blades) , and get more speed but the price is the holeshot from hell. Has anyone ever tried a 28 bravo w/holes? It seems like you should pick up a chunk of the mph. gain (though not all of it ), but come out of the hole like you actually remembered to bolt something on back there. Thank you in advance if anyone has any info.

Screaming Pete
    Yep, I run a 28 lab with holes on a mach 22 but I think I need a 30 i'm always hitting the rev limiter

TOBTEK
    the major difference in pete's setup is the motor. As im sure both of you know pete's 300pm (unless you have a hotbox?) redlines at about 6400rpm and trimdog's "X" motor is up around 7000rpm. If you do a new labbed 28 T-dog make sure you send it Jeff at R&R in nevada! He WORKED over my 26 bravo bigtime. The hole's are crazy large! It comes on plane in about 2 sec's and still does 87-88mph with peep's and heavy fuel load. NOT to mention I have a VERY HEAVY 22! lots of stereo, lots of battery weight, ect.

TRIMDOG
    Originally posted by TOBTEK
    the major difference in pete's setup is the motor. As im sure both of you know pete's 300pm (unless you have a hotbox?) redlines at about 6400rpm and trimdog's "X" motor is up around 7000rpm. If you do a new labbed 28 T-dog make sure you send it Jeff at R&R in nevada! He WORKED over my 26 bravo bigtime. The hole's are crazy large! It comes on plane in about 2 sec's and still does 87-88mph with peep's and heavy fuel load. NOT to mention I have a VERY HEAVY 22! lots of stereo, lots of battery weight, ect. I bet that's right about pete's, plus maybe his motor is set a little higher than mine. I have no problem getting to 6800 rpm + - 100. I have 2 26's so maybe I should send one to R&R and have it tweaked like yours. We've got a lot of weight too ( I'm probably 4 seconds to plane or so w/ the 26). Thanks for all the info, looks like there's options

Screaming Pete
    Your more than welcome to try mine if i ever met you or that guy "Tobtek" lo0l

TRIMDOG
    Originally posted by Screaming Pete
    Your more than welcome to try mine if i ever met you or that guy "Tobtek" lo0l Thanks for the offer. If the timing works out in the future that would be great. Our boat is in Havasu currently so that's where we go for the most part. I may call r&r and see what a 28 set up like TOBTEK said with even bigger holes would set me back. I guess I'll just have a prop collection. We're tearing our house down and rebuilding starting soon and will definitly be doing some trips, but probably not quite as many as usual.

TOBTEK
    Your more than welcome to try mine if i ever met you or that guy "Tobtek" lo0l
    Mr S/P........I've got a new martini glass with your name on it. We will have to make many trips to the main sandbar this season with the portable martini set ......now that wife can drive the boat well. Are you keeping the 22?

Screaming Pete
    Yep or as soon as we both find a 26 w/ twin 300x's for 70K

TOBTEK
    Yep or as soon as we both find a 26 w/ twin 300x's for 70K
    YOU can get that MACH26 with 2.5's from Tony at WCRM for mid 60K's......VERY sweet ride

Reaper1
    Tobtek, you got any pictures of this ride at WCRM???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast