Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SS impeller?

Heatseeker
    Todd, try a small piece of sandpaper. Aluminum will sand alot easier than Stainless.
    And Brian, I think you're doing a great job at 'helpin a brother out' ! lol!

You should be able to tell by looking at it only. Post pics.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by Heatseeker
    Todd, try a small piece of sandpaper. Aluminum will sand alot easier than Stainless.
    And Brian, I think you're doing a great job at 'helpin a brother out' ! lol!
    That's what I'm talking about.
    Ok then Todd, post some pics, the difference between SS, alum, mag-brinze should be easy to spot.
    Brian
    Long Beach swap meet space 770 Sunday Feb 8th

well i sanded the imp. and the alum obviously sanded easier!
    jake: the pump is not jetmuggs!
    chris: the impeller was painted., but it does not seem to be alum! the more that i look at it...seems to be ss!
    ive called a few heads today and they all told me, that the alum. would have a "thud" when the SS would have a ring!... the shit rings!!
    im taking it over to MPD in the morn! makes me wonder about the shaft too.( its in way better shape than mine anyway!)
    brian: dont take it wrong... it was late and a brutha was tired!! sorry
    todd

Todd,people dont normally paint s.s impellers,but you never know, people do weird things. If you have them out, the weight of the stainless is probably about double the aluminum, mag bronze is even heavier.

Originally posted by toddnjuzz
    im taking it over to MPD in the morn! makes me wonder about the shaft too.( its in way better shape than mine anyway!)
    Pretty sure all the shafts are SS, whether they are standard or Aquamet. Got one right next to my desk and its non-magnetic. Let us know what you find out tomorrow.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by toddnjuzz
    well i sanded the imp. and the alum obviously sanded easier!
    jake: the pump is not jetmuggs!
    chris: the impeller was painted., but it does not seem to be alum! the more that i look at it...seems to be ss!
    ive called a few heads today and they all told me, that the alum. would have a "thud" when the SS would have a ring!... the shit rings!!
    brian: dont take it wrong... it was late and a brutha was tired!! sorry
    todd
    I tired calling Jack a couple of times today and no answer. Since I will be in the LBC, I was going to see if he would be in the shop after the swapmeet. I wanted his opinion on my setup, and I need a new impeller. Let me know if you have any info on when he will be around tommorrow.
    Brian

when i talked to jack this morn. he said he'will be in after 10, i think! but i said to him, that i'd be in after the swapmeet (LBVS), so im assuming that i'll be there (MPD) around 10:30- 11!

looks like she's alum.!

victorfb
    if its all useable, you got a killer deal no matter what the impeller is made from.
    no wait... its all junk Todd. toss it in MY trash can..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast