Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: exhaust recommendation needed

Jungle Boy
    Originally posted by Craig
    Yeah, stock, really...right Brian I've run the IMCO's for 4 years now without a problem. I even overheated them enough to bubble the black coating on the outside. Had them redone and still running (granted not for a while, but that's soon to change )
    Hi Craig,
    You said that you had your Imcos re-done. Did you get powder coated or what? I over heated one of mine once and it's bubbled a bit too. It works fine, just looks a bit shitty. I was wondering if it is low temp or high temp coatings???

Craig
    Hey Dave, you back out in the jungle or the great white north
    I had the manifolds powder coated by HPC. They look good as long as you don't look too close.
    http://www.justanothertoy.com/photog...cs/exhaust.JPG
    But, when they stripped the black off, the surface had some pock marks that should have been filled and smoothed. They didn't even call to see if I wanted that done, which I would have.
    Bottom line was my dumbass should have opted for the polished manifolds from the get go instead of cheaping out
    BTW, any progress on the lake boat Dave?

Jungle Boy
    I'm back in the Jungle. Even deeper than before. Grasshoppers are as big as small chickens and tarantulas walking around at night. Sometimes I wonder about this stuff! My new boat is back from the paint shop and getting rigged now (if Nelson the rigger is not out sledding). I have not heard how it looks yet, but the shop that done it has done several boats for me so I'm sure it will look good. I was checking the Goodwrench site and seen that they now have a 450 HP ZZ383ci crate motor. I may just get one of those for this new boat if I have some money left.

Originally posted by Jungle Boy
    Grasshoppers are as big as small chickens
    Guess you really have to inspect your KFC or Popeyes carefully before eating there huh...

Craig
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    Craig, gonna have the usual crew of crazies with you? Not sure yet if we're camping or staying in town. Either way, we'll keep an eye out for ya.
    At this point it'll be Donnie in his Daytona and myself in the Sportcat (finally ) Donnie and I are going up Friday morning. He's trying to talk Bill Griffin into riding up with him. Tonna's friend Wendy will be with me. Tonna, Nicole and their friend Gail will be coming up Friday evening. Golden Horseshoe for dinner that night.
    Friday we're hoping to do some speed running before we get the boats loaded down with coolers and women :wink: Saturday we'll be cruisin'. Probably hang out in the channel. maybe the sandbar and Park Moabi if the water levels back up.

Party Cat
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    Uh oh, Party Cat did you have some risers leak and dump water into an engine? Yeah that could get very expensive indeed.
    -brian
    Yup...got real expensive....brand new motor, brand new exhaust....per my engine builder and rigger....the risers were probably not the best.....the boat never hit the water and I had to have it all cleaned up because of the water running back into the motor....Dana did step up and set me up with the Stainless risers.....but I was left holding the bill for all the labor The Stainless risers are working fine....the cast ones....personally, I'd stay far away from them.....
    PC

DogHouse
    Kinda leaning towards the Stainless Marine III manifolds at this point. Big volume 15" runners (same length as elbow top CMIs but bigger primaries), full jacketed 4.5" s/s tailpipes through transom, no flanges or slip joints to leak water, 5 yr warranty, 2500 bucks. Seems like a good price and a nice system. Danas are cool too but seem intended for more stock size motors (small primaries). I'd also like to check out the Eickert cast headers before deciding. Thanks for the inputs so far!
    -brian

DogHouse
    Well for better or worse I went ahead and ordered the Stainless Marine manifold setup and will go with 4.5 tail pipes. Will order some Rex clamp-on silencers later when they become available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12