Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TST Diesel Modules?

Outnumbered
    Anybody heard of these guys? Is their stuff any good? How long have they been around? Their web page sucks. No real info but lots of BIG claims.
    http://www.tstproducts.com/powermaxcr.htm
    OL

STV_Keith
    Sure, Mark/TST has been around for a while. Kinda got his name making cam plate kits for the older 12v motors. Was a Cummins guy back in the 80's I believe.
    Big claims, but I have not seen one on the dyno yet.

bigq
    Those are some crazy numbers. It said it was on a stock truck also.

STV_Keith
    Just remember:
    Anything over 330-350hp will require a bigger turbo.
    325hp is the limit for a stock 5-speed clutch.
    350hp is the limit for a stock 6-speed clutch.
    400hp is the limit for the 48RE transmission.
    275hp is the limit for the 47RE transmission.
    All rear wheel HP numbers.
    From our observations, here is the stock power:
    235hp CA models - ~200rwhp
    250hp models - ~230rwhp
    305hp models - ~275rwhp

bigq
    So with the TST module on my CA motor I could run it on what they call setting 9 for Hp and 9 for torque and be right at the 350 range for the turbo?
    Also someone with an HO motor would need to put on a turbo way before my CA motor would, if I am reading that correct.
    The only thing I want to do is the turbo back , intake and computer. this way I figure I can remove it if i need warranty work. I don't think the exhaust would be a problem for warranty.
    Still want to wait for the Edge products, that Attitude looks a lot nicer than the TST readout. i want to use the Attitude instead of regular pillar gauges.

STV_Keith
    Sooner as far as mods, yes. BUT, with the same mods, the CA model and SO model will always be behind the HO in HP.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by bigq
    So with the TST module on my CA motor I could run it on what they call setting 9 for Hp and 9 for torque and be right at the 350 range for the turbo?
    Also someone with an HO motor would need to put on a turbo way before my CA motor would, if I am reading that correct.
    The only thing I want to do is the turbo back , intake and computer. this way I figure I can remove it if i need warranty work. I don't think the exhaust would be a problem for warranty.
    Still want to wait for the Edge products, that Attitude looks a lot nicer than the TST readout. i want to use the Attitude instead of regular pillar gauges.
    Ya, that TST readout looks pretty cheesy. I am trying to find out if it has any defueling protection built-in like the Banks and Edge stuff. Their web site is not very informative. I'm with you on the Attitude, I wish they would hurry up then I could just get it from Keith and be done.
    OL

bigq
    I was reading over at TDR about some of the guys running the TST. Sounds like it gives some insane power, most can only go to the setting of 5, goes to 9, before thay start to spin the clutch or TC.

91nordic29
    is this the same thing as this HyperTech module the chevy dealer has to reprogram the computer in our duramax?

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by 91nordic29
    is this the same thing as this HyperTech module the chevy dealer has to reprogram the computer in our duramax?
    Similar, but instead of re-programming the stock computer this is a plug-in module that is left connected to the factory harness and is mounted under the hood. I think they see better power gains than the Power Programer dealio. But I'm still learning, so what do I know .
    OL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast