Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TST Diesel Modules?

91nordic29
    itold hubby i would try to find out from 'all y'all' what the deal is with these things. i am kinda getting the hint that he wants to soupe up the duramax.

bigq
    Hypertec has hand held devices aor they give you a chip to put in. A chevy dealer would not do it. Did you but the truck used? If you did maybe your husband is having them put back to stock. If people use the hand device and don't return the stock program you would need to reburn the chip to factory specs.
    To be honest I don't know how the TST works. I believe it is like OL said and it adds to the system in place. If you want it back to stock you just remove the box.
    I had the superchips hand computer for my gasser I had. I could program the motor and trans. It does not even come close to what a desiel box will do.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by 91nordic29
    itold hubby i would try to find out from 'all y'all' what the deal is with these things. i am kinda getting the hint that he wants to soupe up the duramax.
    Mo power is a good thing

91nordic29
    we bought it new 2003. he said the dealership is where he got the info and they have them there for install (?). he said it would give it more torque(?) i said why? in case we have to pll the boat out of a hole or something?

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by bigq
    Hypertec has hand held devices aor they give you a chip to put in. A chevy dealer would not do it. Did you but the truck used? If you did maybe your husband is having them put back to stock. If people use the hand device and don't return the stock program you would need to reburn the chip to factory specs.
    To be honest I don't know how the TST works. I believe it is like OL said and it adds to the system in place. If you want it back to stock you just remove the box.
    I had the superchips hand computer for my gasser I had. I could program the motor and trans. It does not even come close to what a desiel box will do.
    Don't forget AZ is a little different. They don't have to worry about the emission Nazis as much
    OL

DogHouse
    After towing the boat over the mountains to Roosevelt this weekend, I'm wondering if the HO305 really needs a chip... The thing pulls the rolling hills fine in sixth and cruise control. On the steep stuff, just drop to fifth and motor on up @55-60, not even floored. Not too shabby for towing 7000+ lbs. Very nice compared to the 8.1/Allison it replaced...

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by DogHouse
    After towing the boat over the mountains to Roosevelt this weekend, I'm wondering if the HO305 really needs a chip... The thing pulls the rolling hills fine in sixth and cruise control. On the steep stuff, just drop to fifth and motor on up @55-60, not even floored. Not too shabby for towing 7000+ lbs. Very nice compared to the 8.1/Allison it replaced...
    Ya, the Cali truck even does OK but I need at least stock HO power. The Cali truck is under-powered compared to everything else. Just pulled my boat to Riverside from Kingman where we winter store it. Got 13.5 mpg cruising 75 most of the way. Pulled the big grades in 4th and 3rd (auto) at no less than 70. It was working on the hills though and the module would be just enough to make it cruise-up the big hills.
    OL

bigq
    OL you have 4.11 or 3.73 gears?

Outnumbered
    It does not say on the sticker so I would assume 3.73. That is what the dealer told me but I don't trust those guys too much. I will have to research it a little. I did just put 33" ProComp ATs on and they are pretty nice tires.
    OL

Outnumbered
    Yep, 3.73, its on the glove-box sticker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast