Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good reads????

betty boop
    I'm a bit of a readaholic and having trouble finding a good book right now and was wondering what everyone's fav book is?????
    (Besides Hustler, Playboy, etc.)

welk2party
    What do you like to read? SciFi, mystery, adventure?

Jungle Boy
    Hey Sunnybunny. Been a while. I like to read when I get the chance. I have always liked Wilbur Smith's stuff. His last 3 books are real good, but make sure you start at the beginning cause his books are always tied together. I just finished John Grishams "King of Torts". It was good too. Mystic River is an excellent book (always better than the movie). Currently reading a book called Final Justice by W.E.B Griffin. It's starting out pretty good too. Then again there's always a magazine called Hoatboat. Don't know if you've ever heard of it.

superV
    PlayBoy(you can read it if you like) with a Power Boat follow up!

FMluvswater
    What kind you like?
    Non-fiction I'd say The Professor And the Madman can't recall author's name but I enjoyed the read. It's about the making of the Oxford dictionary. Learned my favorite word in that book. Sesquipedalian.
    Fiction fantasy Clive Barker's Imajica.
    Romance Laurie McBain's Moonstruck Madness (if you can find it)
    Fiction- Thriller anything by John Saul.
    Fiction murder/forensic medical thrillers anything by Robin Cook or Patricia Cornwell.
    Smut anything published by Black Lace books.

betty boop
    Hey Jungle Boy, it has been awhile....how's things??? I think the last time we chatted you were heading out for holidays in the summer!!!
    I like to read alot of different things....Kathy Reichs has been a fav (she's a forensic scientist) - the only thing i don't enjoy reading are westerns and stuff from the longtime past...and not really into the sci-fi area..

betty boop
    Hey FM, I was hoping to see a reply from you - I know your in the industry and was curious what you'd suggest!!

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
    Learned my favorite word in that book. Sesquipedalian.
    OK, I gotta ask. Too lazy to get the dictionary

FMluvswater
    Originally posted by sunbunny
    Hey Jungle Boy, it has been awhile....how's things??? I think the last time we chatted you were heading out for holidays in the summer!!!
    I like to read alot of different things....Kathy Reichs has been a fav (she's a forensic scientist) - the only thing i don't enjoy reading are westerns and stuff from the longtime past...and not really into the sci-fi area..
    I have read a few Kathy Reichs books also - she's good! If you like her you'd likely enjoy Patricia Cornwell too.
    Oh and I have to recommend Sheri S. Tepper's Gate To Women's Country. Very humorous fascinating women vs. men futuristic yet old fashioned story ... I believe the genre is called speculative fiction. It's a wonderful story.

FMluvswater
    Originally posted by clownpuncher
    OK, I gotta ask. Too lazy to get the dictionary
    It means multi syllable or "foot and a half long" word! And it is one!!! Isn't that great?!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast