Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cam is here whatcha think???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I just got my cam kit from george @ clay smith cams. Here are the specs. This is what he picked for me. I think it will talk shit to me!
    305 adv dur,256 @.050, .615 lift,108 lobe sep,solid lifter
    Going in a 454 .30 over,781 ported heads and ported and polished performer rpm intake,11-1 comp with forged slugs,holley 850dp, dry headers, with an A/B impeller in a berk with a flowed bowl.
    Whatcha guys think?

77charger
    I fhe picked it you will be happy.Have heard lots of good about his cams.I have never used him but he is only 5 min from my house.Cam sounds good but i think you might have to lean towards a B cut impeller to get the most out of your set up.

TopCat
    Seems like alot of duration for a jet it should have a fairly good lope to it but hell what do i know i'm a ford guy.619lift 276dur. 110lobes

I'm bettin you'll like it Michael. I'm running a Clay Smith in my BBF. It's much tamer and a hydraulic flat tappet 244 duration 570 lift on a 108 centerline, but it's got a very nice lope to it and runs pretty strong. I'm real happy with my Clay Smith cam and I'd buy another one for sure.

Foggerjet
    I also run a Clay Smith cam,a 290HL in the Oldsmobubble, Love it.
    That Looks pretty racy, Somewhere in the 6000-7500 rpm range?
    But, if George recommended it, Stab it in. It'l run sweet. Ought to sound wicked too.
    fog

cave
    Hey Mike How much did it cost you for the cam? Did you get the Lifters from him or your employer?
    cave

Checkmate
    Holy Lift !!
    That thing is gonna sound baaad ass.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by cave
    Hey Mike How much did it cost you for the cam? Did you get the Lifters from him or your employer?
    cave
    I paid $370 for cam,lifters,springs,keepers,spring cups,and locks. I bought it from bergeron marine.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by Checkmate
    Holy Lift !!
    That thing is gonna sound baaad ass.

That is what I was lookin for! I told him I wanted the meanest cam I could get without hurting my performance. I have a decent cam in my "other" boat and it sounds good but not good enough! I wanted something mean as hell so people will say" What the hell is in that thing

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    I'm bettin you'll like it Michael. I'm running a Clay Smith in my BBF. It's much tamer and a hydraulic flat tappet 244 duration 570 lift on a 108 centerline, but it's got a very nice lope to it and runs pretty strong. I'm real happy with my Clay Smith cam and I'd buy another one for sure.
    I'm getting ready to build I got butterfly's in my tummy I am so anxious. I am taking advice from bergeron marine. They dont bullshit when it comes to boats. I see thier work and they do some nice shit. Phil is guiding me through my whole build up. I think it will be sweet. After she is done and i have about 20 hrs on her she will be getting a dose of laughing gas, then it will be insane

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast