Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Cam is here whatcha think???

TopCat
    Just curious what did they tell you the power curve is when will it come to life are you using the preloader impeller(cant think of its proper name)

AZKC
    That thing should bark like a BIG Dawg
    Keep an eye on your piston to valve clearence. I spun a bearing and had a valve kissin the piston real quick with less lift than your running.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by AZKC
    That thing should bark like a BIG Dawg
    Keep an eye on your piston to valve clearence. I spun a bearing and had a valve kissin the piston real quick with less lift than your running.
    Yeah, they told me to check that before i finish anything.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by TopCat
    Just curious what did they tell you the power curve is when will it come to life are you using the preloader impeller(cant think of its proper name)
    They didnt tell me! No preloader yet. After I work all the bugs out then i will be installing a preloader.

77charger
    Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I wanted something mean as hell so people will say" What the hell is in that thing
    396 I think it will be 396 saw the light and went bbc! I hope it works out good for you this time sounds like you have been puttin in alot of time into your motors.but do have respect for you on building your own motor
    Maybe i;ll see you at the phx drags stop by this time besides taking pics of my boat

BLOWNDEAVER
    I RAN THE SAME CAM IN A 454+30 12.5 TO 1 IN A SOUTHWINDS,MERLIN IRON HEADS,MERLIN INTAKE,850 HOLLEY,TRIED NUMERIOUS IMPELLERS A AB B BC AND NEVERED TURNED OVER 5800 RPM THE CAM HAS TO MUCH DURATION TO WORK GREAT IN A JET, WHAT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER CLAY BUILDS CARS NOT BOATS!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST MY OPION AND I AM PLANNING ON USING MY CAM ON TROUT LINE NEXT YEAR ,

bigkatboat
    George did a lot of work with Califonia Performance Boats. Put that thing in at 3+ (advanced), if you have TRW pistons you must flycut (valve clearance). Run an a/b and 1/8" nozzle, it will leave and top out good. If you have good pistons, clay the clearance!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    The pistons are speedpro(trw). George told us to check for clearance. The might be able to get by without flycutting.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by BLOWNDEAVER
    I RAN THE SAME CAM IN A 454+30 12.5 TO 1 IN A SOUTHWINDS,MERLIN IRON HEADS,MERLIN INTAKE,850 HOLLEY,TRIED NUMERIOUS IMPELLERS A AB B BC AND NEVERED TURNED OVER 5800 RPM THE CAM HAS TO MUCH DURATION TO WORK GREAT IN A JET, WHAT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER CLAY BUILDS CARS NOT BOATS!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST MY OPION AND I AM PLANNING ON USING MY CAM ON TROUT LINE NEXT YEAR ,
    I understand where your comming from BUT, I am being coached by bergeron marine. They run I think 4 superstock boats. I watch them build the motors for thier boats. I have tried to prove them wrong and I cant. hell he's the only boatshop in AZ that has thier own machine shop. They build alot of thier own parts. I am not saying your wrong, Im just being coached by someone that has over 30years in the marine industry.

77charger
    Originally posted by BLOWNDEAVER
    I RAN THE SAME CAM IN A 454+30 12.5 TO 1 IN A SOUTHWINDS,MERLIN IRON HEADS,MERLIN INTAKE,850 HOLLEY,TRIED NUMERIOUS IMPELLERS A AB B BC AND NEVERED TURNED OVER 5800 RPM THE CAM HAS TO MUCH DURATION TO WORK GREAT IN A JET, WHAT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER CLAY BUILDS CARS NOT BOATS!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST MY OPION AND I AM PLANNING ON USING MY CAM ON TROUT LINE NEXT YEAR , You might want to recheck that george builds some hot fords for boat motors as well as set up more than a few boat motors as well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast