Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Cam is here whatcha think???

sidewound
    Hey 396!
    How bout sendin me an audio on the idle lope. Sounds to be pretty bumpy to me.
    Peace Man!

CESAR

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by 77charger
    I think it will be 396 saw the light and went bbc! I hope it works out good for you this time sounds like you have been puttin in alot of time into your motors.but do have respect for you on building your own motor
    Maybe i;ll see you at the phx drags stop by this time besides taking pics of my boat
    Wait, I have had this motor(454) and boat(1980 kona) before I bought the 77' charger. This was my first project but I had to pick up a boat that was running for the season Playtime is over, now its time to get serious. i also got a bbc 4bolt main waitn for a huffer within the next 4-5 years I like to do my own shit so thats why I am learning so when something fails, I can fix it. And yes we will be talkin' next time your in the valley. I will be at lakefest this year, are you going?

77charger
    I was referring to the 455.from before didnt know you had this boat firstMy mistake .Yes we'll be at phx for the opener.planning on runnin top eliminator this time around.9.0 class

BigBoyToys
    Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I understand where your comming from BUT, I am being coached by bergeron marine. They run I think 4 superstock boats. I watch them build the motors for thier boats. I have tried to prove them wrong and I cant. hell he's the only boatshop in AZ that has thier own machine shop. They build alot of thier own parts. I am not saying your wrong, Im just being coached by someone that has over 30years in the marine industry.
    Well, I think that the engines in them Super Stocks are a little bit different than the ones in a Jet. V-Drives turn a higher RPM than Jets do And the Cam profiles are MUCH different between a V-Drive and a Jet.....if the motors are setup right that is.

fourspeednup
    I will be at lakefest this year, are you going?
    When is this gonna happen?

Jim Brock
    George used to race circle jet boats, and had several other people racing in all the classes, i have tried several different grinds of his, testing to see if another was better, if it didn,t work he would give me my old grind back, the public would get the benifits, they would get the best grind, that is how he got his grinds on the jet boat cams, not bt asking a computer how to grind one, that cam will be purfect for your boat, put it in a 1 degree adv. it will be a rocket at touch of the throttle, Jim

hack job
    i ran a clay smith cam in my motor for two seasons never could spin it better than 5200 rpm it was a 310 advertised and 645 lift and 108 lob. that thing is a hand full. its has too much duration and you will never be able to spin it to were the motor makes its power. in a jet you will never see 6500 rpm. unless there is some thing major wrong with the pump.
    that is just my .02 now iam going with a roller crane cam . more lift less duration.
    good luck

Jordy
    As I recall you're runnin' a Ferd and 396 is runnin' a Chevy. That could explain the problem...

Blown 472
    I had pretty much the same cam in a ferd, and it would not pull the rpm.

Jordy
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    I had pretty much the same cam in a ferd, and it would not pull the rpm.
    I'm seeing a commonality here... Ferd.

(ya know I'm just playin' because there's not enough drama in this section already)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast