Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Cam is here whatcha think???

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    hope you like adjusting valves sounds like a HUGE cam to me. this is a 'LAKE' boat right?
    Good luck! I have only ran one solid cam. Never again!!!
    Omega

Blown 472
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    I'm seeing a commonality here... Ferd.

(ya know I'm just playin' because there's not enough drama in this section already)
    No chit huh, come on down to bench racers, getting hot and heavy down there.

AZKC
    Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I understand where your comming from BUT, I am being coached by bergeron marine. They run I think 4 superstock boats. I watch them build the motors for thier boats. I have tried to prove them wrong and I cant. hell he's the only boatshop in AZ that has thier own machine shop. They build alot of thier own parts. I am not saying your wrong, Im just being coached by someone that has over 30years in the marine industry.
    Now now, we have Larry's down here in Tucson He's turned out a few good motors from his machine shop

h2ojet001
    I am building a similar engine also (BBC, 468 ci, edelbrock marine heads, etc. etc) I talked to george at clay smith today and he recommended basically the same cam. 340 adv, 258@.050, .615 lift, 108 lobe sep, solid lifter and said to install at 106 center line. With all the differing opinions I not sure if this will be to big now. What do you think chevy guys.
    Barry

flat broke
    I have also run George's cams in 2 incarnations of my motor. I feel that if you are set on running a flat tappet, he has a decent grind to offer. The one thing that does kinda hurt the jetboats in regard to those cam profiles is the duration and the associated loss of cylinder pressure. Take a 9:1 motor and slap that one of those 304, 310 duration cams, and you will notice a drop in torque. I ran a profile very simiar to Hackers in the 496 last season. The idle sounded bitchen, but I felt I was leaving power on the table because I couldn't get to the RPM range where the cam would really shine.
    All that being said, George definitely has his shit straight in regards to setting up motors to survive in a jetboat, and I would trust him to shoot straight with me any day of the week. He is a great guy, will forget more than I'll ever learn, and is extremely opinionated in his building philosophies.
    Good luck with the motor 396, but I'm betting those pistons will be coming out for a little fly cutting.
    Chris

BLOWNDEAVER
    396 IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THE BEST COACHES IN THE WORLD WHY ARE YOU IN FRONT OF COMPUTER ASKING QUESTIONS?YOU ASKED A QUESTION I GAVE MY ANSWER!!! AND IT IS ALFUL AMAZING THAT HE RECOMMENDS THE (OR CLOSE TO SAME CAM)FOR ALL JET BOATS JUST LIKE YOU HEARD THE OTHER GUYS SAY WILL NOT TURN RPM!!!!!!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS. IF ANYONE WANTS THE ONE I HAVE IT IS FOR SALE UNTIL APRIL THEN IT IS GOING ONTROUT LINE FOR WEIGHT

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by BLOWNDEAVER
    396 IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THE BEST COACHES IN THE WORLD WHY ARE YOU IN FRONT OF COMPUTER ASKING QUESTIONS?YOU ASKED A QUESTION I GAVE MY ANSWER!!! AND IT IS ALFUL AMAZING THAT HE RECOMMENDS THE (OR CLOSE TO SAME CAM)FOR ALL JET BOATS JUST LIKE YOU HEARD THE OTHER GUYS SAY WILL NOT TURN RPM!!!!!!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS. IF ANYONE WANTS THE ONE I HAVE IT IS FOR SALE UNTIL APRIL THEN IT IS GOING ONTROUT LINE FOR WEIGHT
    Look bro, I asked what people thought NOT what do you think I should go with! Just because you had bad luck doesnt mean everyone else will have the same luck!
    396-out

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by 77charger
    I was referring to the 455.from before didnt know you had this boat firstMy mistake .Yes we'll be at phx for the opener.planning on runnin top eliminator this time around.9.0 class
    We will meet in person brotha Good luck on your race

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by BigBoyToys
    Well, I think that the engines in them Super Stocks are a little bit different than the ones in a Jet. V-Drives turn a higher RPM than Jets do And the Cam profiles are MUCH different between a V-Drive and a Jet.....if the motors are setup right that is.
    Yes very true! BUT they set up jets as well. they set up a few very nice jets that are ski racers.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by fourspeednup
    When is this gonna happen?
    the ihba lakefest 2004 will be April 30-may 1st at firebird raceway.
    The coorslight world finals will be nov 18-nov 24th at firebird raceway.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast