Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Hi-helix blowers work on gas?

100mph
    When you say "pie opening" is this what I was readin about last night on kulls website as retrofit case. I only ask sense it probably been 10+ years since my last blower motor, and never owned a high helix, I was assumeing same big reqtangular outlet like my old one????

J540
    YES it has a triangle opening , not a rectangle,right. retro fit is an added on pice that has like a ramp at the end of the blower, for air flow, mainly top end perf.(High RPM)

BLOWNDEAVER
    Yeah i plan on running it on my 496,superchilled,gas motor in my deaver hydro,Lee was concerned a little about the core of my chiller getting to hot,and did ask about bottom clearance,Told me to send in and he can check it out, But after further thought :Thinking about selling chiller and buying two speed,and switching to methenol. what do you ll think about that idea thanks THOMAS

Fiat48
    All I can tell you about switching to alcohol is you will never even consider going back to gas.
    Use Pro Blend alcohol lube additve.

Infomaniac
    Methanol !!!!!!

Robbie Racer
    I think methanol makes perfect sense for a drag boat motor. But it's kind of hard to find at the local marina's.

Infomaniac
    Just glad I do not have to depend on marinas for fuel.
    I think out of 20 years of boating I have only bought fuel at a marina once. Just a different boating environment.
    Methanol is plentiful around here. 71.00 for 55 gal.
    My Cougar holds 27 gallons. Pump into the "T" tank from the side tanks.

Robbie Racer
    Hey Info, how long does 27 gal of fuel last you in your Cougar?

Infomaniac
    I knew that was coming
    Thanks to all of the fishermen there is a boat ramp within a mile of just about anywhere on most lakes.
    When I take it out I drive maybe a mile to where I am going, hang out, make a few passes, hang out, drink beer, drive back and use right at 10 gallons. I usually have the "T" tank empty and just fill the side tanks when I leave. Plenty of reserve.
    Not very practical for the ordinary lake boat. I would not be beyond running methanol in a big HP stern drive deal with a huge fuel tank. Would help with emmissions also.

hulshot
    Yeah I have pushed the Idea around about switching over also but we dont have the comprssion in the motors to really benifit Alcohol. Unless we drive the blowers hard we would just be using alot of fuel for a very small gain.
    Keith this blower is a hi-helix open bottom case not a retro DELTA case correct? the Delta will not work with 3 carbs up top. After they clearance the rotors and the teflon and nilatron wears after a few runs you are problably going to be back at about the same statis of you old blower. I Have a new 14 ready for you if you want it. You have seen the one on my boat and this one is identical to it. It just doesnt have any water spots yet, and has only been turned over a few times by hand only. Call me if you want to get it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast