Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Hi-helix blowers work on gas?

Fiat48
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    I knew that was coming
    Thanks to all of the fishermen there is a boat ramp within a mile of just about anywhere on most lakes.
    When I take it out I drive maybe a mile to where I am going, hang out, make a few passes, hang out, drink beer, drive back and use right at 10 gallons. I usually have the "T" tank empty and just fill the side tanks when I leave. Plenty of reserve.
    Not very practical for the ordinary lake boat. I would not be beyond running methanol in a big HP stern drive deal with a huge fuel tank. Would help with emmissions also.
    Now why in the Hell would we want to be ordinary? We don't build these things to be ordinary nor practical. Gasoline is still for washing parts in my book.

Robbie Racer
    hulshot, yeah I'm pretty sure this hi-helix had the open bottom case. It is a brand new Kuhl blower and it had the billet Kabelco rotors in it. Check your PM's about your 14-71.

AR Wizard
    I talked with Mert Littlefield a couple years ago and he said for a Gas/River/Lake setup to use a standard opening with cast rotors. He said cast rotors don't expand as much as billet ones with the heat. He also said that a Delta opening would run lean on the back cylinders at part throttle operation.
    My brother and I both run 572 Chevys with 1471's, and carbs. They are both stripped and were Alky set-ups. I clearenced the rotors on both ends as per Merts specs and haven't had any problems.
    If a guy was going to run Port nozzels on the end of the case, the trick set-up would be to inject Alky. You would cool the rotors and control the detonation all at the same time.You just pressurize your Alky tank with manifold pressure and a couple .030 nozzles and run another 5lbs of boost !
    That's my $ .02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123